Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: All lives matter.

Candace Owens (prominent black American politician), very powerfully and coherently questions why it is that black people in the US, who represent just 13% of the population, commit 50% of violent crime, and why some black people make martyrs and heroes out of violent career criminals - printing their images on t-shirts and banners. According to Owens "police officers have way more reasons to be fearful of black people and not the other way around'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPfoEvNJ74
    Am Yisrael Chai

Banned
    Good honest clip by the young lady with a balanced opinion, that I personally agree with.

Thanks for sharing that Mossdog

The outdoors is racist...it was just a matter of time of course until that nasty 'truth' was exposed...

https://mpora.com/multi-sport/does-t...-race-problem/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...im-in-america/

We should all feel very ashamed...tsk!
    Am Yisrael Chai

There was a discussion along similar lines on Facebook a couple of months back... about whether fell-racing/running was racist...

it was a bit of a sorry spectacle from all sides to be honest... thankfully it was quite a short-lived discussion.

One thing i did note from it... the black and other minority people who spoke up on that discussion, all confirmed that they found fell races and the associated communities to be friendly and welcoming to all (as you would expect), and they heartily recommended that others had nothing to worry about.

Admittedly there were only a few black/minority voices (i counted three or four).

Despite that, there were a number of people who went to great lengths to push the opposing view, despite the contradicting views of those they were supposedly standing up for...

It does remind me of the time i happened to be in Keswick over xmas/new year, and my work colleague, who happened to be Brazilian was also up there. I took him up Skiddaw on one of the coldest and windiest days i've ever experienced on the fells (it must have been rough because there's a photo of me wearing a balaclava and Paramo over-trousers).

He knew i was a runner and told me he wanted to have a go, so off we went down the tourist path. But my trousers kept falling down and i had to let him go off ahead whilst i stopped to take them off... with my trousers off and now free to fly down a full speed, i hared off in pursuit... i caught him at the top fence where he promptly informed me that he was knackered and his fell-running career had come to a premature end... we walked the rest of the way down (me with very cold legs) and went to the pub.
    Last edited by Travs; 24-08-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    There was a discussion along similar lines on Facebook a couple of months back... about whether fell-racing/running was racist...

it was a bit of a sorry spectacle from all sides to be honest... thankfully it was quite a short-lived discussion.

One thing i did note from it... the black and other minority people who spoke up on that discussion, all confirmed that they found fell races and the associated communities to be friendly and welcoming to all (as you would expect), and they heartily recommended that others had nothing to worry about.

Admittedly there were only a few black/minority voices (i counted three or four).

Despite that, there were a number of people who went to great lengths to push the opposing view, despite the contradicting views of those they were supposedly standing up for...

It does remind me of the time i happened to be in Keswick over xmas/new year, and my work colleague, who happened to be Brazilian was also up there. I took him up Skiddaw on one of the coldest and windiest days i've ever experienced on the fells (it must have been rough because there's a photo of me wearing a balaclava and Paramo over-trousers).

He knew i was a runner and told me he wanted to have a go, so off we went down the tourist path. But my trousers kept falling down and i had to let him go off ahead whilst i stopped to take them off... with my trousers off and now free to fly down a full speed, i hared off in pursuit... i caught him at the top fence where he promptly informed me that he was knackered and his fell-running career had come to a premature end... we walked the rest of the way down (me with very cold legs) and went to the pub.
    I think you're right Travs. It does seem to be a desperate current narrative amongst certain groups (white, none liberal-liberals?) to politicise as many topics are possible and thereby create grievance and cause division. I think the real issues is less to do with race per se, but the fact that over 70% of the UK population now live in urban areas and have become less familiar with more rural environments, regardless of their ethnicity.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I see a reasonable amount of "minorities" out and about on the hills... predominantly black/indian/polish... i strongly disagree with the sentiments that they are regarded with disbelief by others when they are out on the hills, i think its relatively common to see minority groups/individuals on the hills (and long may that continue)... interestingly i don't recall seeing many people out and about who appear to be muslim/romanian/somali...

And most usually see them on the popular trails.... Snowdon, Scafell Pike, Helvellyn, etc.... although this is hardly surprising as 90% of all walkers in the hills tend to congregate around the popular hills, regardless of race or colour...

With regards to fellracing specifically, i think it's a combination of geographical (the vast majority of fell races being in areas without a sizeable minority population close by) and just lack of awareness of fellrunning (although this is by no means unique to minorities... go to any big running club in the major cities and fellracing is just not on the radar... this is perhaps also attributable to the FRA policy of encouraging fellrunning to maintain a low profile).

All of the above is purely anecdotal and definitely not scientific!
    Last edited by Travs; 24-08-2020 at 07:44 PM.

The media plays a big role in creating chaos. Often, it really is just a kitten, not a cougar.