Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: All lives matter.

I have just found out that from next year I will be part of the BAME community. Don't know whether to laugh or cry!
    In the 2021 census White Welsh will be an option in the ethnic group category.

In my village of over 280 souls I am one of only two Welsh residents which puts me in the minority due to my ethnicity. Therefore due to my minority ethnic status I will be part of the BAME community.

I might even get myself a shirt with White Welsh Lives Matter on the back and the next time someone calls me a Welsh twat I will expect the police to round them up sharpish.

What a load of bollocks. It just shows what a politically correct hole this country has got itself into and unfortunately continues to dig it deeper.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I have just found out that from next year I will be part of the BAME community. Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

In my village of over 280 souls I am one of only two Welsh residents which puts me in the minority due to my ethnicity. Therefore due to my minority ethnic status I will be part of the BAME community.

I might even get myself a shirt with White Welsh Lives Matter on the back and the next time someone calls me a Welsh twat I will expect the police to round them up sharpish.

What a load of bollocks. It just shows what a politically correct hole this country has got itself into and unfortunately continues to dig it deeper.
    can you just sod off back across the border??
    Oh no, you can't
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I feel like I need to atone for the oppression you and your forefathers have suffered at the hands of the English Llani. Is there some suitable virtual signalling act I can do to assuage my guilt? Raising the leek in a symbol of solidarity perhaps?

Don't suppose 'White English' will be an option as that would presumably be racist, 'White Yorkshire' would be even better.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    Don't suppose 'White English' will be an option as that would presumably be racist, 'White Yorkshire' would be even better.
    YES PLEASE.
    White Yorkshire for me too.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I have got used to ticking the "White - Other" box on forms. About 5 years ago, when I was getting some serious cr*p from a senior manager at work, I was sorely tempted to use my Jewish ancestry to raise an accusation of anti-Semitism.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

It does sound a bit of a mess... I'm sure i usually tick White British... but if Welsh, Scottish, etc are to be separated off, then what about the English... are they/we still ticking White British? I can't imagine White English will get listed, as mentioned above.

I still don't understand what happened to the county system in the UK... when i was growing up, Coventry was in Warwickshire. At some point Coventry became part of the newly-formed county of the West Midlands... and i now believe it is it's own county City Of Coventry (i might be wrong)....

But even worse, there have been plans vaulted to make Cov part of "Greater Birmingham"! This has generally gone down very poorly with long-time residents (not least given the sporting rivalries... football especially... but in cricket, Warwickshire actually play at Edgbaston in Birmingham, and the 20/20 and quite possibly the one-day side, are now known as the Birmingham Bears, with much hostility)... and the general consensus seems to be that a re-integration into Warwickshire would be best for the city.

Then you have athletics... come the Warwickshire Cross Country, Inter Counties Fell/XC/etc, it is the 'old' county of Warwickshire, which includes large swathes of the Birmingham conurbation.

Then when i spectated at the inter-counties XC earlier this year, there were such traditional counties as North-East, West Scotland, etc....! What is going on?!?

Sorry for rant... i only popped in to tell Llani that it was nice Wales was being recognised as a 3rd world country at last

To enrage people further, there's a survey running on a Cov City FC forum which i occasionally frequent, and there are 9 (nine!) options for your sex...!

That one could be a multi-pager... someone is already stating that anybody who believes in males/females are "dinosaurs".

I don't know what Stagger and Llani would make of that one!!! I'm pretty laid-back but that one has even got me hammering away at the keyboard...!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    To enrage people further, there's a survey running on a Cov City FC forum which i occasionally frequent, and there are 9 (nine!) options for your sex...!

That one could be a multi-pager... someone is already stating that anybody who believes in males/females are "dinosaurs".

I don't know what Stagger and Llani would make of that one!!! I'm pretty laid-back but that one has even got me hammering away at the keyboard...!
    Nine options for sex interested me ha ha ha

These census and other crazy self-identity categories are all part of the toxic identity politics played initially by the extreme right, and more recently the extreme left.

Remi Adekoa (of Nigerian-Polish background, living in the UK) has some interesting thoughts on why it may all end in tears for those sowing seeds of division in our communities.

"{T}he main beneficiaries of racial identity politics are the identitarians themselves. They are the ones making good money selling books encouraging black people to scapegoat white people for all their problems. They play to the unfortunate human weakness for blaming your problems on other people...
    Ironically, these snake-oil salesmen would not have achieved anything like the success they have without the complicity of guilty white liberals. ...Black identitarians like Ta Nehisi-Coates are “revered” as “priests” by white devotees of racial identity politics, who rush to pay homage and help spread the Gospel of anti-racism. Meanwhile, the negotiating position of black people is weakened by the day. Instead of reserving what was once a very effective tool at our disposal as a nuclear option – the stigmatizing power of the label ‘racist’ – identitarians are rendering it a blank bullet through overuse."
    Last edited by Mossdog; 01-07-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Am Yisrael Chai