Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All lives matter.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

All lives matter.

No discrimination.

Justice equally for all.

I'm sat here today and I feel sick to the stomach.

What in hell is happening in our country?

Rioters are allowed to just crack on and the police are largely taking a back seat.

You say justice equally for all Stagger, but I can't put on a fell race for 50 people on the West Pennine Moors, but 1000's can head in to the cities and vandalise them and attack the police.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

You say justice equally for all Stagger, but I can't put on a fell race for 50 people on the West Pennine Moors, but 1000's can head in to the cities and vandalise them and attack the police.
    Suggest you call your fell race the "Rossendale Riot". Then it might be allowed.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I see the press are already focusing on the police, the usual c**p of finding one demonstrator to quote who said they saw the police being aggressive and fearing for their lives when they saw the police horses .

I am becoming seriously concerned that this could all kick off big time in the UK with riots and general civil disorder, unrest at the covid restrictions etc. and whatever anyone does they can simply point the finger and blame someone else (the government) for causing it.

If all those protestors can carry on as they have, why don't they sod off back to work.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post

If all those protestors can carry on as they have, why don't they sod off back to work.
    I thought they all worked for Rent A Mob.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I thought they all worked for Rent A Mob.
    I'm joining Rant a mob this evening, I might calm down after food and beer.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

The media plays a big role in creating chaos. Often, it really is just a kitten, not a cougar.

I think Keir Starmer put it very well. The statue should have been removed peacefully some time ago. Its not about erasing history. The written record remains. But as attitudes evolve so must our way of marking decent humans. Slave trading is abhorrent and the guilty slavers (of any colour) should not be commemorated in public places.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I think Keir Starmer put it very well. The statue should have been removed peacefully some time ago. Its not about erasing history. The written record remains. But as attitudes evolve so must our way of marking decent humans. Slave trading is abhorrent and the guilty slavers (of any colour) should not be commemorated in public places.
    so why not take the Auschwitz approach and put some text around such a statue explaining the history?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    so why not take the Auschwitz approach and put some text around such a statue explaining the history?
    Because Auschwitz is a specific place with a specific context and a role to play in educating people about humanity's past mistakes. A statue of a slave-master is a statue of a slave-master. The history of slavery can be explained without a statue looming above people out doing their shopping.
    Geoff Clarke