Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: All lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    They have done. BLM moved its London protest forward to Friday to avoid potential flare ups with the statue defenders (yeah, right). They also advocated their supporters not to be out on Saturday because of the football lads who 100% went with violence in mind.

Defo some supposed left/BLM supporters have behaved badly, but they don’t seem to have quite the same enthusiasm for attacking the police as the numbskull Ingerlund lot.

Reminds of this:

14 police officers hurt yesterday 27 police officers hurt on BLM demo. Just saying!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    14 police officers hurt yesterday 27 police officers hurt on BLM demo. Just saying!
    You’re right, when you think about how many more people were involved in the BLM protests it shows the disproportionately high level of violence the footy lads achieved. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Geoff Clarke

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    You’re right, when you think about how many more people were involved in the BLM protests it shows the disproportionately high level of violence the footy lads achieved. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Indeed. The difference appears to be that the BLM event was a large number of people wanting to protest peacefully, and a contingent of Far Left troublemakers decided to attach themselves to it as an opportunity for a bit of mayhem; whereas yesterday was a comparatively small group of Far Right types who don't know the meaning of "peaceful protest".
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Isaac Newtown was a clever bloke and he worked out that "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

I don't think you need Isaacs brains to work out that if BLM or whoever chose to chuck statues in the river and paint graffiti on Churchill and the cenotaph that there may well be an opposite reaction from somebody who doesn't agree.

Once BLM strayed from peacefull protest it was bound to escalate, I think both sides are as bad as each other.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Once BLM strayed from peacefull protest it was bound to escalate, I think both sides are as bad as each other.
    See post immediately above yours for why this argument doesn’t hold up. (Well said, anthonkay.)
    Geoff Clarke

Britain First - it's a sentiment that most could support. Our Government is expected to put Britain and it's people first, acting in our best interests.
    Problem is that it has been hijacked by a Far Right group.
    It has made it difficult for fair minded people to use Britain First in a sentence, or in a post, share a meme generated by them.... because of it's association with a movement of extremists that want to destroy our society as we know it, unless the people are ignorant of the existence, aims and makeup of Britain First

Black Lives Matter - it's a sentiment that most could support. Our Government is expected to act in a way that makes it as fair for Black people to live in the UK as anyone else. In fact we have legislation that insists on that and makes it a criminal offence to discriminate on race grounds.
    Problem is that it has been hijacked by a Far Left group.
    It has made it difficult for fair minded people to use Black Lives Matter in a sentence, or in a post, share a meme generated by them.... because of it's association with a movement of extremists that want to destroy our society as we know it, unless people are ignorant of the existence, aims and makeup of Black Lives Matter.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Put Britain First.

History has been and gone.

Live for today and learn from the past.

And if you don't like it go some where else.

This applies to Right, left, middle and anyone else who lives on the island.

What would BLM condemn? It was peaceful direct action. Yes, it caused inconvenience, but that’s kinda the point. Can’t think of many marches, protests, etc. that don’t close roads. They just happened to pick a particularly good one!
    Well my view is as follows...

BLM have (rightly or wrongly) appeared to blame any criticism of their protests at the feet of "troublemakers" and "opportunists".... however as far as i'm aware this was a protest fully organised by BLM and they made the decision of where to hold it...

THe M6 is a vital commuter route, not just for Coventry and the West Midlands, but from London (and indeed mainland Europe) to the north of England and beyond. In addition, within two miles of the motorway junction where this was focused, are two of the largest hospitals in the Midlands.

If the congestion (which by all accounts was horrendous) had caused an accident, or if ambulances had been delayed getting to an emergency, who would be taking the blame for holding a protest on one of the busiest sections of one of the busiest motorways in the UK.

I see many people who are strong supporters of BLM make the same case that inconveniences are justified (and to be honest it's to your credit that you have such strength of conviction....)

But when you steadfastly refuse to see anything wrong with several thousand people rocking up on the middle of the M6 in the rush hour, and can't even hint that it might have been a poor decision, then the impact of your opinions begins to lose a lot of credibility...

I've seen a lot of similar thoughts... i know someone well from within the fellrunning community... she has been constantly moaning about "idiots" when out running... "idiots" would appear to be anyone who comes within 50 yards of her when out running... many social media posts absolutely slating people travelling to beaches etc (i don't make much of a point about throwing political opinions around on Social Media, but she does have a point on this one)....

But she can't bring herself to even suggest that tens of thousands of people amassing in huge groups across the UK is even the slightest bit dodgy when everybody else is being told to stay at home/stay away/etc...

It just loses all credibility when they can't accept even the slightest criticism of anything on "their" side of the politicial spectrum...

It's the same on the right wing... i have no doubt that there are many people that think everything the right-wing protesters did yesterday was justified...

Defo some supposed left/BLM supporters have behaved badly, but they don’t seem to have quite the same enthusiasm for attacking the police as the numbskull Ingerlund lot.
    Really? That police woman who got knocked off her horse must have been relieved that the BLM protesters who were throwing bikes at her weren’t doing it enthusiastically. Otherwise she’d have really been in trouble.

Likewise those protesters who tore down the Colson statue and danced on it. I remember thinking at the time that they were doing it in a quiet, sober and reflective manner. Not at all like a baying mob I thought.
    Last edited by Muddy Retriever; 14-06-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Black Lives Matter - it's a sentiment that most could support...

It has made it difficult for fair minded people to use Black Lives Matter in a sentence, or in a post, share a meme generated by them.... because of it's association with a movement of extremists that want to destroy our society as we know it, unless people are ignorant of the existence, aims and makeup of Black Lives Matter.
    Bit weird, you were explicit in saying BLM supporters are "nutjobs".

Really not a problem for fair minded people to us BLM, quite the opposite. It's being supported far and wide, and with pride. This gammon-scented political echo chamber is out of step with what a lot of people think. The reason I first posted in here was to point out that 'All Lives Matters' is a massively loaded phrase right now. It's a direct criticism of BLM. Yet it's used here and no-one bats an eyelid, and no-one responded to that point. Just a load chat about what's wrong with BLM.
    Geoff Clarke