Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: All lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    I have read this and other information sources about BLM and don’t think there is a hidden agenda. What do you think that BLM have in mind?

If Black people make up 3.3% of the population yet have a mortality rate 4 times that of their white colleagues in the NHS, surely this indicates systemic racism? White people make up 79.2% of the NHS for reference.

BLM are not nutjobs rather they are people like you and me with genuine, long held grievances.
    Quite happy for you to hold your opinion on their agenda - I just disagree.

In terms of the incidence of CV among different groups, they have different social activities. I made the point maybe here, perhaps elsewhere, that my 77 year old Mum attends church. No family, it's not packed, and it's weekly.
    My next door neighbour attends mosque, with 3 generations of his family and it's packed. He attends up to 5 times a day.

So pre lockdown, he might be more exposed just due to his way of life. That's not a criticism, just an observation, and wouldn't make a virus or the effects of it racist.

as for nutjobs, that's how I see them. You can see from the forum I am opinionated. I have never ben on a protest.
    I've never been arrested, I've never even considered launching missiles at police.

Meanwhile one of my best mates is a communist, all his adult life. A veteran of Orgreave and Wapping. He's been on platforms with McGuiness, Galloway.
    he attaches himself to most of these left wing groups - and yes I think he's a nutjobs and I've told him.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    What do the BLM protest actually want?
    Its origins come from a general desire not see black people regularly die at the hands of police brutality in the USA. Its grown since then. Educate yourself, there's plenty of information out there.
    Geoff Clarke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    In that case, especially given current events, I'd highly recommend reading up on it. You might find it illuminating. Labeling its supporters "nutjobs" is massively offensive and I think it's pretty embarrassing to see stuff like that on this forum.
    It's in down the pub Hank, "calm thi sen darn".

Banned
    Its origins come from a general desire not see black people regularly die at the hands of police brutality in the USA. Its grown since then. Educate yourself, there's plenty of information out there.
    Nobody wants to see anyone die in police custody.

But check your facts on black on black killing

Justice is being followed.

Banned
    Why is the UK protesting about America???

Its call rent a riot.

No football so we will find another way to battle with the coppers

I think some of the London and southern football "firms" have actually taken it upon themselves to guard and defend some of the prominent statues in London... i'm pretty sure it was a group from Millwall who cleaned up the Winston Churchill statue which was apparently defaced (i say apparently because i've not seen any pics of it myself).

As always i try and stay out of the more political threads... but i think the BLM movement do have a point and certainly have just cause to demonstrate. However the country has been going through unprecedented times... everybody has suffered through the lockdown, either through loss of income, loss of pastimes/hobbies, or loss of family and friends.

We lost an elderly relative... the immediate family were heavily advised not to even attend the hospital to have a chance to say goodbye... and the vast majority of the family were unable to attend the funeral.

I have no issue with demonstrations and protest, but given the timing of it, the negative press around vandalism and assault (i understand completely that this was a minority).... and the protest around here on the other day ended up with the entire protest being held on the M6, blocking a vital route for many hours and causing a lot of disruption.

All of the things in the above paragraph, rightly or wrongly, put a negative slant on the proceedings in the eyes of many people who have grudgingly abided by the laws/guidlines that have been put in place...

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Nobody wants to see anyone die in police custody.

But check your facts on black on black killing

Justice is being followed.
    Any thoughts on why “black on black” killings might be common? It’d be interesting to know what links you see between that and police brutality too.

Any thoughts on why “black on black” killings might be common? It’d be interesting to know what links you see between that and police brutality too.
    what about you Hank? Why fish to put others on the spot. Give us your analysis.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    It always appears to be termed racism when a white person is involved especially if in a position of power.

Good effort Hank for calling out the dog whistle comments on here. This forum has drifted very fast to the right, neo con starting with the Brexit debates and now Corona virus. It has driven many rational sane funny contributors away, which is a great shame. It now appears to be a platform for opinionated ranters.

But what do I know, I'm obviously a lefty liberal snowflake.