Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deciding to go for it

As BenShep says...

If there are ongoing restrictions into next year, they would be more likely to affect racing than being able to travel and attempt a BG, I would have thought.

Dammit I thought I was decided, now I don’t know.

My massive concern is to train and then get quarantined or locked down and not be able to run it another weekend. Also the logistics of cars and car sharing seems unclear. Are we even meant to share cars at the minute? Currently I can’t holiday with other households due to local restrictions, is the BGR a holiday? Etc...

I doubt we will be in lockdown for all of next summer, even if we are for some of it, so if you were to prepare for early summer then am sure you would be able to do it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Dammit I thought I was decided, now I don’t know.

My massive concern is to train and then get quarantined or locked down and not be able to run it another weekend. Also the logistics of cars and car sharing seems unclear. Are we even meant to share cars at the minute? Currently I can’t holiday with other households due to local restrictions, is the BGR a holiday? Etc...
    none of this is insurmountable. plus, if the govt is still trying to apply such extreme restrictions in another 9-12 months we will be in civil war anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    none of this is insurmountable. plus, if the govt is still trying to apply such extreme restrictions in another 9-12 months we will be in civil war anyway.
    Yeah... I didn't want to turn this thread into "Coronavirus 2"... But yeah I can't see it carrying on through next summer without huge problems within the population, and I suspect the government are well aware of that.

Yeah I'd say that worrying about covid disrupting plans for a BG is not a big thing. And if you do do all the training and it gets delayed, so what, think how fit you'll be?

On the scale of things doing all the training and then get an injury or illness (just a normal illness not necessarily covid ) are just as likely disruptors, not to mention god awful weather on the day.

Are you sure you're not just looking for reasons not to try

Master
    No point putting your life on hold for something you have no control over just get on with it, what will be will be and its best to be ready for all eventualities whatever they may be.
    Have Fun
    The older I get the Faster I was