Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellrunners’ thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

So here’s one: why can’t time trial races be organised setting runners off at 30 second intervals in rough order of ability. That way at start and finish, distancing can be observed? Racing can resume. They’ve been doing on mountain marathons for years.
    Wouldn’t that mean a mind boggling 5 hour staggered start for a race with 600 runners in 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Wouldn’t that mean a mind boggling 5 hour staggered start for a race with 600 runners in ��
    And what about the marshals!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Wouldn’t that mean a mind boggling 5 hour staggered start for a race with 600 runners in 🤔
    But then I wouldn’t try it with 500 runners.!
    To allow local events not massive fields!

I’m thinking events run by clubs for their own members!

Super Moderator
    In the same way I’ll not be dashing off to Ibiza at the first opportunity I’m in no rush to enter a large scale fell race just now. I’m sure the committee of the FRA will be looking at a way to start racing again when the time is right and in line with government guidelines

How are things in my beloved Peak Llani? Is the house in your village doing coffee and cake in the garden again? If you are where I think you are we went last year and it was great
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Managed to get a (virtual) race in on Friday, first race since February! Target was max climb in 30 mins, reps or loops, no point to point, and max single climb ~100m. I was happy to get just over 1000' (the top runners got double that) good fun, helped with training over the past few weeks, finding ways to pack in a bit more ascent while keeping the runs varied and enjoyable. You had 4 days to do it and you had to record/upload using Garmin or Strava. I was in the top 100 on Saturday, now sliding past 150th as the results come in, maybe I shouldn't have stopped a minute early.

Super Moderator
    Sounds interesting Steph

I’m doing the virtual South West Coast Path race. It started June 1st and you basically upload your (local) running and walking mileage and shuffle along a virtual version of the path

They did a similar thing with a virtual West Highland Way race over 9 days, it finished last weekend.

Super Moderator
    We’ve done loads of exploring of the local moorland so even though it’s an odd idea we have benefited from it hugely

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post

How are things in my beloved Peak Llani? Is the house in your village doing coffee and cake in the garden again? If you are where I think you are we went last year and it was great
    Yes it is great DT but living only 200yds away I restrict myself to the occasional visit!

Funnily enough I was chatting to Karen and Mark at the weekend. They are planning to open on the 9th July if the weather permits, because as you know it is an outside enterprise and is exposed to the westerlies blowing down the dale.
    They have also started doing B and B this year.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Super Moderator
    Very best of luck to them. Cracking cakes iirc