Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellrunners’ thread

Super Moderator
    Getting out is what it’s all about. Good to hear from you Geoff
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    In terms of fell running speed, does old age come upon you stepwise rather than creeping up gradually? I seem to be experiencing a notable reduction in speed this year, after several years when I didn't seem to be slowing down very much.

I think there should be quite a lot of expertise on this topic among regular forumites.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    Don’t ask me. I never had any pace to lose

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    However, the 5 mile rule is being relaxed soon and a trip for a run to somewhere high is on the cards this weekend!
    If you live in Monmouth, how does the 5-mile rule work for cycle rides? Can't you pedal up the Staunton Road, cross the border within 5 miles, and then go as far as you like around the Forest of Dean? Or are you liable to be mown down by the machine-gunners on the border post when you attempt to re-enter Wales?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    Warm evening for a run out and close too. Just under eight miles done though

Make no mistake mr kay. I have been a regular invader of England without a passport!

And....shhh...I have done the 30 mile loop to the top of the blorenge and back!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Anyone fancy chatting about fellrunning? Had a good run out? Here’s a thread where you can post about it with and discuss with like-minded contributors. I’ll keep an eye on the thread and if anything off-topic is posted I’ll delete it promptly
    To be fair: most of us were barred from actual fellrunning because of local geography and restrictions till very recently. We had to content ourselves with the other thread “ today’s exercise” , which was running but not fell ( or other things) as best we could.

Now getting a few hundred feet in a run, but not fit enough to make long journeys to mountains worthwhile, not least because of having had the wretched virus. It knocks the stuffing out for months. So yes, would love to chat about it, but there’s little to chat about!

So here’s one: why can’t time trial races be organised setting runners off at 30 second intervals in rough order of ability. That way at start and finish, distancing can be observed? Racing can resume. They’ve been doing on mountain marathons for years.
    Last edited by Oracle; 23-06-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    To be fair: most of us were barred from actual fellrunning because of local geography and restrictions till very recently. We had to content ourselves with the other thread “ today’s exercise” , which was running but not fell ( or other things) as best we could.

Now getting a few hundred feet in a run, but not fit enough to make long journeys to mountains worthwhile, not least because of having had the wretched virus. It knocks the stuffing out for months. So yes, would love to chat about it, but there’s little to chat about!

So here’s one: why can’t time trial races be organised setting runners off at 30 second intervals in rough order of ability. That way at start and finish, distancing can be observed? Racing can resume. They’ve been doing on mountain marathons for years.
    Delete ^

Fine trip up Scout Scar this morning with the hound - 7 miles and 1000ft of climbing. Not much of a view today due to clag