I am currently working on a history of distance running - and in particular all the Harriers clubs - in West Yorkshire from the 1880s until World War Two. The book features every one of the clubs that existed in the county during that time (and there were 100s), as well as the results of every Yorkshire, Leeds & District, Bradford & District, and Huddersfield & District cross country championship during that time(I just need some bits from 1924, 1939 and 1941 to complete the Huddersfield set)

Obviously that means that famous clubs - including those on the fells - such as Bramley Harriers will be featured, as well as the likes of Albert Swainson who won the Burnsall race three times runnig in the 1930s.

So if anyone has any pre World War Two photos, memorabilia, etc for clubs or individuals then please feel to get in touch. Anyone who can provide photos etc will obviously be credited in the book.

I've another book coming out later this year (Football in West Yorkshire type of thing), so the running book should be out some time during 2021.

cheers
Rob Grillo
[email protected]