Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Those were the days

I'm a bit short of hugs and kisses what with covid 9000 and all that. Thought I'd get a virtual fix!😂

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I'm a bit short of hugs and kisses what with covid 9000 and all that. Thought I'd get a virtual fix!��
    Your village idiot mate is sending you a virtual hug ()

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Welcome back, I'm thinking you youngsters may be all grown up now, seeing as us oldies are now near geriatric .

You should both come over the lounge one Friday evening, I'll stand you a pint and we could take about the old days .
    27 now haha! Still on here from time to time with the odd comment but not so much nowadays...I was injured and not running for a number of years and then when I came back it was embroiled in some safety argument or something and I erred away.

Still see a fair few forumites from time to time - Multiterrainer at a lot of races, The Master through charity stuff and a couple of others.
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    27 now haha! Still on here from time to time with the odd comment but not so much nowadays...I was injured and not running for a number of years and then when I came back it was embroiled in some safety argument or something and I erred away.

Still see a fair few forumites from time to time - Multiterrainer at a lot of races, The Master through charity stuff and a couple of others.
    what about your old sidekick Scott? I noticed him in some of the Burnley GP results - he seemed to have improved as well with adulthood.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    I believe that that is a different Scott. One is Scott Baistow and the one currently running is Bairstow

I believe that that is a different Scott. One is Scott Baistow and the one currently running is Bairstow
    https://thepowerof10.info/athletes/p...hleteid=108231
    2013 Tour of Pendle not too shabby although he hasn't clocked up any results on Powerof10 for some time. It didn't seem that long ago, but then I haven't raced much the last few years.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    https://thepowerof10.info/athletes/p...hleteid=108231
    2013 Tour of Pendle not too shabby although he hasn't clocked up any results on Powerof10 for some time. It didn't seem that long ago, but then I haven't raced much the last few years.
    Aye, I had seen this when I started running again but he stopped before I got going again really.

I think hindsight shows, and my current running cycle, that we'd have been better doing the athletics club thing and following the general athlete pathway in terms of running at a higher level. I feel a bit like the amount of 3-12 hour runs I was putting in at 15-18 definitely has given me a great base (which is why my road times look better as the distance increae) but I sorely wish I'd done more road/ interval work at a younger age...that's where all my improvement has come from really.

Is Beckie still running?

Banned
    Anyone see Swoop these days?

Aye, I had seen this when I started running again but he stopped before I got going again really.

I think hindsight shows, and my current running cycle, that we'd have been better doing the athletics club thing and following the general athlete pathway in terms of running at a higher level. I feel a bit like the amount of 3-12 hour runs I was putting in at 15-18 definitely has given me a great base (which is why my road times look better as the distance increae) but I sorely wish I'd done more road/ interval work at a younger age...that's where all my improvement has come from really.

Is Beckie still running?
    Not at the moment.

She had a niggle about 3 years ago, saw physio, got referred, MRI and they decided to do a little keyhole. She was waiting for a date and got pregnant.

She has done a bit but only once or twice a week for 20 minutes or so and the odd parkrun.

If the niggle comes back, she'll have to start from scratch again with the process.

My gut felling is she might take it up again if her daughter gets involved, which is what happened with her Mum/ my wife, who was a good junior but didn't run from 18 to about 37. 3 kids and a lot of work played a large part in that.

She's well though, living in Warrington at the moment.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Not at the moment.

She had a niggle about 3 years ago, saw physio, got referred, MRI and they decided to do a little keyhole. She was waiting for a date and got pregnant.

She has done a bit but only once or twice a week for 20 minutes or so and the odd parkrun.

If the niggle comes back, she'll have to start from scratch again with the process.

My gut felling is she might take it up again if her daughter gets involved, which is what happened with her Mum/ my wife, who was a good junior but didn't run from 18 to about 37. 3 kids and a lot of work played a large part in that.

She's well though, living in Warrington at the moment.
    That's good to hear (injuries aside). It's interesting to see the amount of runners who come in and out of the sport.

Obviously in my age group there's Marc Scott who is just a machine and a couple of other lads still run to a high enough level - Joe Johnston. Same for the girls - Nichola Jackson and Laura Riches have stuck about...but other than that there's a really sharp drop off.

The ones who tend to be successful basically stop fell running at 17 and go do track and road. Lots of the kids who were fell only like Sean Carey, Tom Sessford etc, drop out and then don't come back