Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Those were the days

Flem

if you're not me,
    pop over to the coronavirus thread and see him in full swing!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Banned
    Accept the fact that an erstwhile chairman had many alter egos that popped just like you, In the past. He admitted it! Indeed most of the FRA committee did at one point, breaching most forums etiquette.

Shall we talk about fell running?

I lived in Berkshire in the defence belt once. Doing military research.
    Liked it so much I overreacted by moving to Yorkshire.
    I did the old Windsor to Chiswick marathon reincarnation once.
    But hilly running is a problem.

But there a few LDWA routes your way. Eg South Downs . Have you done them!

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    I've got it now. You're Sacha Baron Cohen, working on your new show. If not, then this is mind-blowingly incredible. In an earlier post on another thread I made a joke about my head exploding. Well, it's not a joke this time.

What!!!!! How was I supposed to make a first post? Write a formal letter of introduction to each member of the forum, detailing my fell running experience, and enclosing a photograph of myself certified by a solicitor, and asking permission to make a post? It's an internet forum for goodness' sake! Your arrogance and conceit are off the scale.

What!!!!! What!!!! What!!! I mean, what!!! You were wrong. Not just a little bit wrong, nor even a lot wrong. You were completely, utterly, and hopelessly wrong. I know this must be a bit hard for you to take, given that you're always right about everything under the sun, but do, please, try to get this into your head. You were wrong. You know, the opposite of right. Wrong.

I don't know where to start with this. I've just fallen off my chair. What have I got to apologise to you for? And where was this apology of yours? It's not an apology to say to someone, "I'm sorry I did what I did, but it wasn't my fault I did it, it was your fault. If you hadn't done what you did, or if you'd done something differently, I wouldn't have done what I did. So, I'm sorry that you did what you did, because that forced me to do what I did." That's not an apology. It really isn't. I mean, it really, really isn't. If you think it is then you're - you know - wrong. There actually wasn't any need for you to say anything. After all, there was no harm done to me - you two just made yourselves look rather silly. But a non-apology like yours is much, much worse than simply saying nothing. You were blaming me for your silliness.

I did my best, in what I hoped was a humorous way, to make it clear to you that what the two of you were saying was silly. When I made the post saying the two of you were the Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings of the Forum, I wasn't complimenting you on your analytical skills or detective capabilities in having identified me as having multiple aliases. I was saying "Look, you two, you're being really, really silly. There's nothing going on here for you to uncover. I am not Graham Breeze." And when I posted the Bob Dylan story (which, under the circumstances, I'd better make clear wasn't true in any respect whatsoever - at least, not as far as I know), I wasn't trying to make you think that I was Graham Breeze, I was saying "Look, you two, you're being really, really silly. There's nothing going on here for you to uncover. I am not Graham Breeze." And ...

I won't be bothering to read any more of your posts. It's been stupid of me to carry on this long.
    Last edited by Oracle; 05-07-2020 at 11:22 PM.

"I'm sorry I did what I did, but it wasn't my fault I did it, it was your fault. If you hadn't done what you did, or if you'd done something differently, I wouldn't have done what I did. So, I'm sorry that you did what you did, because that forced me to do what I did."
    It's called gaslighting.

Shall we talk about fell running?
    And this is known as diversion, where unacceptable behaviour is glossed over and attention moved away from it.
    Last edited by Dave_Mole; 07-07-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Banned
    Moles Quack psychology aside. Fellrunning is what the forum is for.

Shall we talk about it Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    It's called gaslighting.
    Typical of abusive behaviour

And this is known as diversion, where unacceptable behaviour is glossed over and attention moved away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    Yet more (unnecessary) proof that memory is unreliable. I've just looked online and found some old results from Auld Lang Syne. I read through the 1999 results and couldn't find my name. So I lied in my earlier post, I'm afraid. I could have sworn I ran it just before the 2000 celebrations. But, I looked some more and found that it was 1998 when I ran it. As I read down the list another name jumped out at me. One Graham Breeze. I wonder if that's the same Graham Breeze who posts on here? Modesty forbids me to say whether he was above me or below me in the list. (And we all know that age is just a number.)
    Indeed it is:

1. Ian Holmes Bingley 36.29

58. Peter Fleming UA 45.28

79. Graham Breeze Skyrac 47.01 V50

Since I was 53 and you were just a callow youth I am not too ashamed with that result - and there were 277 finishers.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Shall we talk about it Dave.
    You are increasingly unstable and abusive.
    When you are challenged your behaviour follows a set pattern.
    You have called nurses, doctors, police and firemen parasites.
    And claimed Graham doesn't deserve his pension.
    You will deny you have said these things.

Why on earth would you think that I would want to discuss fell running with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Since I was 53 and you were just a callow youth I am not too ashamed with that result - and there were 277 finishers.
    39 I was. Nearly 22 years, gone in the blink of an eye!

I think it's about time to close the forum

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I think it's about time to close the forum
    It’s your call.

It still serves a purpose.
    Corona hasn’t helped.
    It’s shut the sport down.

Nope, you've killed it!