Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sabrina Verjee Wainwrights attempt

I think I'm right in saying that her schedule is 1hr up on the record, and she's now ~8hrs up on that, so ~9hr on the record. Were she to stay where she is in relation to her schedule (big if, I know), she should finish around 0400 on Thursday and a finish anytime before 1300 would be the record. Of course there's scope for her slowing down significantly and she must be suffering, but she's in a great position with a decent buffer. Her schedule suggests no significant break after Ennerdale, though I guess that will probably be deferred to Wasdale. Hell of a last leg to the end then!

Re. John Kelly, that seems inevitable (and exciting).
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I think this is partly down to having a break in Borrowdale last night. On her target schedule she'd have passed straight through in the daytime, whereas last night she arrived at 10pm and took a couple of hours break, so 'lost' that time. I haven't done the maths, but I assume the target schedule is the record, so she's looking very strong for breaking it. Incredible stuff.
    I suspected as much... something to do with shuffling round sleep/breaks.

I haven't done the maths, but I assume the target schedule is the record, so she's looking very strong for breaking it.
    Paul Tierney's record is 6d 6hr 5m, her schedule is 6d 4hr 59m. Any finishing time before 1308 on Thursday will be a record.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

About to hit the scafells, 4.75h up on her schedule. Banked a bit of rest early this morning. Hard to tell off the first couple of splits of the day what the trend is but looked OK between Whin and Illgill.

One last 'sprint' round Upper Eskdale, Duddon, Coniston and Little Langdale!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Does look like she's lost a few minutes on each of the last couple of splits to Slight Side and Scafell. The next section will be tricky as well as I suspect it's wet up there right now and those boulders must be pretty bleak with a couple of hundred(!) miles in your legs.

Just noticed that she's got what looks like a ~3hr break scheduled in the Duddon valley. Assuming she doesn't use all that (she'll be there maybe 2100) she'll get back some time on the schedule.
    Geoff Clarke

Don't know what she had at Hardknott but she's just taken a fair chunk out her schedule up to Harter Fell. ~4hrs up on the record now and presumably she'll add a bit more to that with a shorter stop at Duddon. Pure speculation based on watching the dot, but I think she's maybe struggling more on the descents and going well on the climbs.
    Geoff Clarke

Don't know what she had at Hardknott but she's just taken a fair chunk out her schedule up to Harter Fell. ~4hrs up on the record now and presumably she'll add a bit more to that with a shorter stop at Duddon. Pure speculation based on watching the dot, but I think she's maybe struggling more on the descents and going well on the climbs.
    Lots of descents really hammer the quads, towards the end on my BG I was gaining time on the climbs but could hardly move on the descents.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Lots of descents really hammer the quads, towards the end on my BG I was gaining time on the climbs but could hardly move on the descents.
    You can of course train on downhill sections to become resistant to this eccentric damage, but I doubt whether this resistance extends to extreme events like a BG, or, in particular, 214 Wainwrights.

I once had to take a break of several weeks from running hills because of an injury - on my first "comeback" hilly run I ground to a complete halt because of quad pain on a long downhill section of a Lakeland trail event. A week later I did the Y3Ps - no problems whatsoever.

Master
    Looking like under six days is in the bag outstanding well done Sabrina
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Looking like under six days is in the bag outstanding well done Sabrina
    Probably. As I type she's just about to hit Lingmoor Fell top, then it's <2k down to the finish with about 45mins to under 6 days. Go on!
    Geoff Clarke