Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coventry Half Marathon...

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    We did the excellent Afoot in two dales 50 mile LDWA two years ago and it cost a few quid (I’ll check). We walked the 50 miles, plus to and from the camping AND iirc even got to say hello to Graham
    And iirc I was gambolling down some small hill (Great Shunner Fell?) and you were huffing and puffing up?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Super Moderator
    I would imagine driving round the route in a saloon car and picking odd hills to do would enable one to move relatively briskly compared with people doing the whole event. Whether that approach is in the spirit of the event remains to be seen. Do you get a badge and certificate? Maybe from the RAC
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I would imagine driving round the route in a saloon car and picking odd hills to do would enable one to move relatively briskly compared with people doing the whole event. Whether that approach is in the spirit of the event remains to be seen. Do you get a badge and certificate? Maybe from the RAC
    Ah! There you may have a point Andrew, but it does mean the dull bits pass quickly, actually very quickly.

Atkinson Grimshaws (prints).All Dark?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Atkinson Grimshaws (prints).All Dark?
    Yes. He is famous for his nocturnal cityscapes (although he painted other subjects as well). I have three large prints of Leeds scenes on the wall behind my PC and a forth of a Cheshire scene. I also like his dock scenes but I don't have any free wall space.

I have liked his work for, say 40 + years.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 12-07-2020 at 09:12 PM.