Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby boomer payback

Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    HP all the way and tomato sauce is just... wrong 🤣
    I think its horses for courses. HP sauce on a bacon and egg sandwich but tomato ketchup on chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I wouldn’t have brown sauce in the house. It’s nearly as common as having a milk bottle on the table
    Indeed and is it true one can now buy sugar other than in boxes of small cubes? Ghastly thought!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I wouldn’t have brown sauce in the house. It’s nearly as common as having a milk bottle on the table
    Ha ha - I don’t have it on the table! Though you can take the boy out of Middlesbrough but not the Middlesbrough out of the boy

Super Moderator
    I think the gardener might take sugar in his tea but I get the butler to deal with him
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Banned
    Nowt wrong with a bottle of Green top on the table and a gill of gold top in the fridge.

Bloody southerners.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Indeed and is it true one can now buy sugar other than in boxes of small cubes? Ghastly thought!
    Sugar cubes are a wonderful invention, how do they get all those little granules to stick together?
    I have cubes in my camper van, one of my little treats in life - gotta live life to the full.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Sugar cubes are a wonderful invention, how do they get all those little granules to stick together?
    I have cubes in my camper van, one of my little treats in life - gotta live life to the full.
    Rock 'n' Roll!

Anyway google will explain.

One of my courses on my Degree was the Industrial Manipulation of Fluids and Pastes. So, for example, I could calculate how to get the stripes in toothpaste to emerge uniformly!

So much learning, just lost (Sigh)
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I recall when I was young my nain (grandmother),as a treat, used to cut the top off a large orange and let me push 3 or 4 sugar cubes into it and then suck out the juice.

No wonder my teeth are full of fillings!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    One of my courses on my Degree was the Industrial Manipulation of Fluids and Pastes. So, for example, I could calculate how to get the stripes in toothpaste to emerge uniformly!
    I shall have to invite you round to a dinner party one evening and you could tell us all about it what a night that would be.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I think its horses for courses. HP sauce on a bacon and egg sandwich but tomato ketchup on chips.
    I'm with you on the horses for courses, but you've picked the wrong horse. Chip butty with HP Sauce is one of my favourites.

Best place for Ketchup is on a burger.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell