Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Munro's round

Super Moderator
    Apparently there’s a photo of the lads passing each other on that Facebook
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    So is John! At Sgurr a' Mhaim (mislabelled on his tracker) he was about 50 mins up on his 23hr schedule. Wonder if he's trying to bank some time so he can have a kip?
    Actually, I think his tracker map isn't quite right with the tops, but he's going to be about 30 mins up on Am Bodach, so still mightily impressive.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Actually, I think his tracker map isn't quite right with the tops, but he's going to be about 30 mins up on Am Bodach, so still mightily impressive.
    John was storming up and down the first few peaks (I was supporting him on leg 1) but slowed up dramatically about halfway through the leg. Not surprising after going round the PBR and BGR and cycling ~400 miles between them all!! He's still going and should finish in the next few hours.

Donnie and John just fist-bumped as they passed. No slowing down to chat, just focused. Both on incredible feats!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Currently cruising along the Cuillin Ridge - and presumably doing Blabheinn later today to get himself back on schedule.

Then another easy day tomorrow - just the 14 Munros.

Looks like it was too much to consider, after the main ridge - not really surprising.
    I expect he'll split tomorrow's effort somewhere then - it was already going to be a massive day.

Fascinating watching this all, it's fun to guess how he will get the most efficient route, the links between section. Plus, I've been reminded of how many great mountains and glens there are up there that I never knew about.

Master
    Yep loving it and mentally reliving much of terrain he is covering.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Oh no - he's having to go up Moruisg twice - missed the true summit the first time. Nightmare ! He was right back down to the road after the first ascent.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Donnie has decided to catch up the day he got behind schedule earlier in the round. Having done Slioch, the Fisherfield mountains and An Teallach, he's gone straight up into the Fannich mountains (which were supposed to be the following day's jaunt). He will have some fun in the dark if he decides to do all 9 peaks in the Fannich range this evening.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I thought he was just going to do two of them this evening, but you're right - amazing !

Blimey! Has he decided he no longer needs to eat and sleep? Finished the Fannichs, jumped on his bike, went up Ben Wyvis, back on his bike and now he's on his way up Am Faochagach. Right back on the original schedule - absolutely amazing.