Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lapsed but returning!

Smile Lapsed but returning!

Hi Folks,

I used to be on the forum a few years ago but can't remember my login! I live in the Dark Peak area of the the Peak District. I did a few local races (the Mickleden Straddle was my longest). I've been mostly road cycling and hill walking in recent years, but I've mind to restart the running. I have a background in mountaineering and triathlon. Will be starting off very easy. Anyway.. feels good to be back!

Nick
    Last edited by theothernickh; 04-08-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Hello Nick... nice to have another name on the forum.

I'm a former member of Dark Peak Fell Runners, although i don't hail from up there...

Was on the Dark Peak a month or two back, in fact crossed over the Mickleden race route, on perhaps the lousiest day of the summer so far!!

Thanks. Ha. As I remember when I did the Mickleden race it was the lousiest day of the winter too! I don't hail from up here either: I'm from Shropshire originally.

There are a handful of us on here who would count Shropshire as our local fellrunning turf!

I'm from across the other side of Birmingham to Shropshire, but it's only 75mins to Church Stretton, and the Shropshire races usually get a good bit of conversation going on here... hope they return soon... hopefully we get a Stretton Skyline in September!

hopefully we get a Stretton Skyline in September
    Unofficially: don't hold your breath.
    Mercia are setting up some of the Summer Series races as MapRuns, but there's a lot of uncertainty about the return of actual, rather than virtual, racing. I can't see how mass starts can work, for example.....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

I'd have thought the Skyline might be a good candidate for a staggered start race, or staggered in groups of 6... long route so runners spread out, unlikely to be more than 70-80 runners...

However i'm not an RO and don't have the hassle of organising it, so i'm certainly not pointing any fingers!

May run the route on the day anyway...

I’m from Longden (Devils chair is the nearest hill) Have family in Church Stretton. Would love to go back and do the Stretton Skyline!

Have done the Devil's Chair Dash the past couple of Boxing Days... becoming a bit of a yearly tradition now.... Great little race!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Have done the Devil's Chair Dash the past couple of Boxing Days... becoming a bit of a yearly tradition now.... Great little race!
    Sounds like fun. Not been up there since I was a kid!

Super Moderator
    Welcome back Nick
    Poacher turned game-keeper