Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: e-bike

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Beltin' piece of kit - Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon Evo - my recovery machine

E-Bike Gum
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr
    Custom made tyres Andy?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Can I claim credit for the caption? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Custom made tyres Andy?
    Yep, all done via my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I finally saw the fabled unicorn of the e bike world yesterday, a Bianchi Aria e-road in beautiful celeste.

Better still, I managed a lengthy chat with its rider, a portly man who was waiting for his younger, whippet-like companion, who was on a mechanical Wilier Triestina (a fancy bike, with a fancy price tag).

The Bianchi owner was happy to enthuse about how it had 'revolutionised his cycling', now that he had 'turned 60'. He looked about 5'10" to 5'11" and from his belly probably weighed over 14 stone.

It was beautiful to look at, and the only cloud that I could see from Graham's perspective was that it was equipped with Shimano and a really fat rear hub, which was how I spotted it.

The most interesting thing he said was that the assistance range was greater than was quoted in the tech spec. He told me that using assistance level 1 (the least) he was finding that his battery usage was working out at 1 percent per mile, giving him an assisted range of 100 miles. Of course, this will vary massively depending on how hard you pedal and how hilly it is, but it's still an impressive figure for a bike where you can't see where the batteries are.
    Mmmh. Amazing what "a portly man" can get for...£4500!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Well i've decided that i'll most probably get an e-bike when i move to the Lakes, for getting to nearby fell races, training runs, etc.

I actually saw one of those Bianchi Aria e-bikes for sale heavily discounted, as it was an ex-demo, but alas its been snapped up.

Currently got my eye on a Scott Sub Sport e-ride.

Basically i've got no pretensions of being (or even looking) like a proper cyclist, and would just like to get around locally as conveniently as possible without continually resorting to 4-wheeled means.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Well i've decided that i'll most probably get an e-bike when i move to the Lakes, for getting to nearby fell races, training runs, etc.

I actually saw one of those Bianchi Aria e-bikes for sale heavily discounted, as it was an ex-demo, but alas its been snapped up.

Currently got my eye on a Scott Sub Sport e-ride.

Basically i've got no pretensions of being (or even looking) like a proper cyclist, and would just like to get around locally as conveniently as possible without continually resorting to 4-wheeled means.
    Good luck with it still being where you left it when you get back from a race even the best of locks will succumb to a battery operated angle grinder and there are plenty of opportunists going equipped for a profitable awayday, better off with a worthless hack which can be replaced when it disappears.
    The older I get the Faster I was

A couple of days ago a friend of mine had an e-bike demonstrator on loan with a view to her employers buying one for her to use. She cycles around Sheffield University campuses keeping the cossetted students safe.

Anyway she went for a "proper ride" on it and found to her embarrassment that she had got herself a QOM.

After much mickey taking from people, myself included, she enquired with Strava how to get rid of it to find that they have e-bike KOM/QOM's.

What is the point of that?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    A couple of days ago a friend of mine had an e-bike demonstrator on loan with a view to her employers buying one for her to use. She cycles around Sheffield University campuses keeping the cossetted students safe.

Anyway she went for a "proper ride" on it and found to her embarrassment that she had got herself a QOM.

After much mickey taking from people, myself included, she enquired with Strava how to get rid of it to find that they have e-bike KOM/QOM's.

What is the point of that?
    Sexist comes to mind, i.e. protecting male ego because as with running there are a lot of women that train harder and go faster than their male counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Sexist comes to mind, i.e. protecting male ego because as with running there are a lot of women that train harder and go faster than their male counterparts.
    Just thinking that with all this non-binary stuff going a round they're going to have to rethink those categories or get woke-roasted. Suppose we could have 'Quing' or 'Kueen'OM, although I think the royalist titles are probably also taboo too. A more republican, 'PresidentOM' doesn't quite have the same ring about it though.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Just thinking that with all this non-binary stuff going a round they're going to have to rethink those categories or get woke-roasted. Suppose we could have 'Quing' or 'Kueen'OM, although I think the royalist titles are probably also taboo too. A more republican, 'PresidentOM' doesn't quite have the same ring about it though.
    Howsabout QTTT (Quickest to the Top) simples
    Last edited by JohnK; 19-03-2021 at 10:46 PM.