Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: e-bike

If you are going to get something with hydraulic discs bear in mind whether or not you are confident to maintain or service them, or prepared to pay a bike shop. I've never had hydraulic and although I understand they are very good I have cable discs on my touring bike and MTB, both of which are excellent and simpler to maintain.

Main reason I highlighted that bike is there is a strong possibility of a much reduced price (ie Zero!), and given I'm not necessarily looking for high performance, it seems like it might be more than adequate...

Done a couple of short rides on it into town, can easily get to 20mph+ on the flat without too much fuss, which is plenty for me.

Flat South Staffs, close to Cannock Chase
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Main reason I highlighted that bike is there is a strong possibility of a much reduced price (ie Zero!), and given I'm not necessarily looking for high performance, it seems like it might be more than adequate...

Done a couple of short rides on it into town, can easily get to 20mph+ on the flat without too much fuss, which is plenty for me.
    If you are being offered it for a very heavily reduced price then it's the bargain you can't refuse. From the spec I saw it looked decent, and it will probably meet your requirements well as you're not intending to get too serious.

From what you have said I take it that the bike is not new. This may mean that the bike will need some adjustment. If you're not confident in doing any work on it then I am happy to offer advice, and at a worse case you could put it in the back of your car and drive around 15 miles in a North Westerly direction and I will look at it for you. Free of charge.

Thank you Marco, that is very much appreciated... however, without going too heavily into details, i wouldn't actually plan to use it too often around here... it's the strong potential for a change of location that has got me looking into matters of this nature.

Flat South Staffs, close to Cannock Chase
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Thank you Marco, that is very much appreciated... however, without going too heavily into details, i wouldn't actually plan to use it too often around here... it's the strong potential for a change of location that has got me looking into matters of this nature.
    The offer still stands, and includes cycling advice wherever you are

Beltin' piece of kit - Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon Evo - my recovery machine

E-Bike Gum
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Beltin' piece of kit - Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon Evo - my recovery machine

E-Bike Gum
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr
    Custom made tyres Andy?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Can I claim credit for the caption? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Custom made tyres Andy?
    Yep, all done via my laptop