Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: e-bike

Took the Scott e-bike up Howtown zig-zags this evening.

Really is a case of using the gears as if you were using a normal bike, and just letting it assist and do its thing. But onto the zigzags.... in low gear, went up them between 12-13mph without breaking sweat or even nearly needing to get of of the seat. Kirkstone may prove a tougher test... there's a knack to it, but was a promising first trial.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Took the Scott e-bike up Howtown zig-zags this evening.
    Too late to see Sabrina flash past.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I will probably buy an ebike for my 72yr old Mum. She would rather drive but very likely she will lose her licence soon. Never been into sport etc.
    Anything that I should bear in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    I will probably buy an ebike for my 72yr old Mum. She would rather drive but very likely she will lose her licence soon. Never been into sport etc.
    Anything that I should bear in mind?
    in my view and speaking in terms of maximum convenience, get the best motor available in your budget

Master
    On the motor front depending on what your mother wants you need to choose between either a Torque sensing motor or a Cadence sensing motor. With the Torque sensing motor you you need to pedal harder to go faster i.e. a more natural cycling experience offering some training benefits, where as the cadence sensing motor you just have to rotate the pedals and get assisted with the same amount of power regardless of how hard you pedal.

Also bear in mind anything above a 250 watts motor is illegal on the roads here.
    Last edited by JohnK; 10-05-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was