Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: e-bike

The thought of £95 for the use of a bike is making me shake never mind sweat!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    "They were from the south coast..." - so about the price of a couple of ice creams down there.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 26-08-2020 at 08:42 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Flat South Staffs, close to Cannock Chase
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    To put things in perspective, the last road bike I bought new, (in 2017), with Aluminium frame, carbon forks, Shimano 16 speed STI gears etc, cost £249! It even had quality Schwalbe tyres - but no motor

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    To put things in perspective, the last road bike I bought new, (in 2017), with Aluminium frame, carbon forks, Shimano 16 speed STI gears etc, cost £249! It even had quality Schwalbe tyres - but no motor
    Yes everything is perspective. My service (2000 miles from new), with two new tyres and a new chain was over £300. I used to go to Halfords with my Boardmans!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yes everything is perspective. My service (2000 miles from new), with two new tyres and a new chain was over £300. I used to go to Halfords with my Boardmans!
    You were taken for a ride (ahem)!

That's more than I pay to get my car serviced!
    “My actions are my only true belongings.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    You were taken for a ride (ahem)!

That's more than I pay to get my car serviced!
    Ha ha. But as my son (of 5 bikes) says: ride Campagnolo, pay Campagnolo prices.

[QUOTE=Graham Breeze;665611]"They were from the south coast..." - so about the price of a couple of ice creams down there.[/QUOTE

I won't be paying much more than that for a kit to convert one of my bikes to electric should I decide to go that way just.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Gosh Graham, I needed a lie down when I read this. May I suggest that unless you are still complying with warranty conditions you take it elsewhere next time.

Alternatively you could service it yourself. Forty years ago, as a skint 14 year old, I taught myself cycle mechanics (the hard way) and worked part time at it. Whilst there are people on here who are intelligent, well educated and well qualified, I am not one of them. I take the view that if I can do it then anyone with the slightest bit of engineering knowledge or common sense could do it.

Bianchi Aria E-Road Ultegra Electric Road Bike 2019 - Celeste. Normal RRP £4500 but £4202 on ebay.

But I am strictly Campagnolo.
    Graham, I've moved your post here as it's the right thread

I totally understand, and respect, that you're strictly Campagnolo; I was similar until 30 years ago

I have looked at the Bianchi e-bike range and you're right, they're all Shimano equipped. I find this somewhat baffling, as they are the Italian bike manufacturer.

There is, however, a plan B if you can get your head, and your wallet, around it and you want/need a Campagnolo equipped Bianchi e-bike (and if you've got deep enough pockets). The solution is to buy a Shimano equipped one and then replace their components with Campagnolo. Probably blow the warranty, but you could always keep the Shimano gear and put it back on if you needed to make a serious claim!

Marco

Thank you for all of that. I could only contemplate an e-bike after Billy Bland had yielded.

It's a funny thing but of all the bikes I have had, since the Carlton which I had resprayed in shimmering gold in my teens, it is only the Bianchi that makes my spirits soar when the garage doors lift open. I have ridden 3638 miles with her since March last year (obviously I don't take her out in the rain) and she still sets my pulse racing.

And she is still so much cheaper than a Ferrari and a young blonde.