Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: e-bike

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    To put things in perspective, the last road bike I bought new, (in 2017), with Aluminium frame, carbon forks, Shimano 16 speed STI gears etc, cost £249! It even had quality Schwalbe tyres - but no motor
    Yes everything is perspective. My service (2000 miles from new), with two new tyres and a new chain was over £300. I used to go to Halfords with my Boardmans!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yes everything is perspective. My service (2000 miles from new), with two new tyres and a new chain was over £300. I used to go to Halfords with my Boardmans!
    You were taken for a ride (ahem)!

That's more than I pay to get my car serviced!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    You were taken for a ride (ahem)!

That's more than I pay to get my car serviced!
    Ha ha. But as my son (of 5 bikes) says: ride Campagnolo, pay Campagnolo prices.

Master
    [QUOTE=Graham Breeze;665611]"They were from the south coast..." - so about the price of a couple of ice creams down there.[/QUOTE

I won't be paying much more than that for a kit to convert one of my bikes to electric should I decide to go that way just.

Marco

Thank you for all of that. I could only contemplate an e-bike after Billy Bland had yielded.

It's a funny thing but of all the bikes I have had, since the Carlton which I had resprayed in shimmering gold in my teens, it is only the Bianchi that makes my spirits soar when the garage doors lift open. I have ridden 3638 miles with her since March last year (obviously I don't take her out in the rain) and she still sets my pulse racing.

And she is still so much cheaper than a Ferrari and a young blonde.

Super Moderator
    Whatever did happen to Miss July?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Personally, I'm waiting for a Ferrari owning blonde rich enough to buy me one
    I'll send my cast-off over. The car is in rosso corsa.

Obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I'll send my cast-off over. The car is in rosso corsa.

Obviously
    I don't care how many Ferraris in whatever colour or Bianchis with whatever groupset might be on offer, I don't want them if the blonde in question happens to be called Boris.

My first meeting with electricity today on ride, a group of 8 (somewhat portly ladies and gents) came past me on a hill like I was standing still, the kept doing this whenever our paths crossed. I couldn't believe the speed they went uphill, on great big mountain bikes.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    My first meeting with electricity today on ride, a group of 8 (somewhat portly ladies and gents) came past me on a hill like I was standing still, the kept doing this whenever our paths crossed. I couldn't believe the speed they went uphill, on great big mountain bikes.

I see electric scooters can legally travel at up to 15.5 mph on footpaths.

If a "portly" lady or gentleman hit me, a skinny pedestrian, at that speed I think I would be a little cross - when I had regained consciousness.