Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: e-bike

There seemed to be no effort to it, they were just hammering up past me and hardly peddling. I know I am not fast on the road hills, my gravel bike is 11kg and big nobbly 43 tyres are not meant for fast road cycling but they humiliated me . But I had the moral high ground
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    There seemed to be no effort to it, they were just hammering up past me and hardly peddling. I know I am not fast on the road hills, my gravel bike is 11kg and big nobbly 43 tyres are not meant for fast road cycling but they humiliated me . But I had the moral high ground
    I was on a long steep climb I know well - a standing on the peddles climb - and an old guy (so really old) caught me sitting serenely and started chatting! Eventually he said "well, this is the way at our age" and left me for dead. Believe me if I could have caught him this side of a coronary I would have done. And he didn't even wait to applaud me at the top.

So, an electric bike = not a gentleman!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

They stopped at the top of one climb and I came up and said, "I could do with some of your batteries now" and one woman had the nerve to tell me it was hard work and made you puff - she would b****y puff if I had disconnected her batteries!

I stuffed two of them on a hill today . Coming up from the bottom of the reservoir on the forestry track there were a couple bike packing on electric mountain bikes - only the farmer had locked the gate a mile up and their bikes and gear were to heavy to lift over , I lifted my bike over as usual and carried on up the hill whilst they turned around to do 15 miles around the reservoir on the road instead.
    No I didn't offer to help them, in fact I told them there were 2 more locked gates ahead, which happened to be open when I got there . So the answer is take them over the rough ground

I give you that, I don't see me ever passing one uphill in a head to head, but now I know how to peddle dirty!

Brilliant thread. Sorry Moley but I’ve been chuckling at your recent experiences with electricity.

There appear to be some travelling salesmen on this thread. Meanwhile some of us are pedalling our bikes. But strictly speaking I think peddlers are supposed to travel from place to place on foot.
    Last edited by Mark G; 05-09-2020 at 02:05 PM.

At the end of the day, an e-bike is a bike with a motor; ipso facto, it's a motorbike!
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

It's not the racing part I object to but the fact the idiots can now get to places they previously couldn't and shouldn't be riding anyway.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    At the end of the day, an e-bike is a bike with a motor; ipso facto, it's a motorbike!
    Nope a Motor bike Has a combustion engine, an electric bike has a motor two very different means of power (just a modern day version of a moped).
    Last edited by JohnK; 11-09-2020 at 09:05 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was