Thread: Weed

Weed

Despite much effort, I'm losing my fight against weeds.
    Not the stuff teenagers smoke to impress their peers. Never been interested in that. The unwanted one that appears on the law.
    I use the Friskars removal tool, good but not enough.
    Do you guys use any product? Chemicals?

Cheers

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    Not the stuff teenagers smoke to impress their peers. Never been interested in that. The unwanted one that appears on the law.
    I use the Friskars removal tool, good but not enough.
    Do you guys use any product? Chemicals?

Cheers
    A weed is simply a plant growing where you don't want it to grow. So if you stop objecting to it, it ceases to be a weed. Simples!

I actually find it quite therapeutic, kneeling by my vegetable patch and pulling out unwanted plants; but it doesn't bother me much having all sorts of plants growing in my lawn.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Admittedly, if I had my way, I would do without a lawn but I have always looked on it as being a green sward that gives balance to the rest of the garden. As such, keeping it mowed regularly and an annual moss removal is all the maintenance I do on it. Yes there are probably quite a few weeds (dandelions, daisies, clover etc.) in it but I don't really care - it looks fine and to maintain it to the standard of a golf green would take a lot of time and manual labour. I'd rather be out running or cycling than on all fours firtling around with a weeding knife. I also garden organically so any chemical treatment is a definite no for me.

You need more moles
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The Weed season has ended, and it's now time for [magic] mushrooms.
    Mushrooms191120.jpg
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    Totally agree with you old chap. But the battles already lost. Indeed, during the Parliamentary debates in 1963 about reducing the height restrictions for coppers, my good 'ol pal Cordy made a similar observation back then. Here recorded by Hansard.

"Lieut.-Colonel Cordeaux

Does my hon. Friend realise that in the finest police force in the country, the Nottingham City Police, we maintain a minimum height standard of 6 ft., and we are fully up to strength and have a waiting list? "

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-h...ight-standards

Don't tell me that there's no link between the enfeeblement of the Police Force in Notts and the City going into Tier 3 recently. Outrageous
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    A weed is simply a plant growing where you don't want it to grow. So if you stop objecting to it, it ceases to be a weed. Simples!
    Proper Tao, I tell thi.