Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
I had some fun looking at the same list too Graham
I've now looked at that list, and had only even heard of perhaps half the riders mentioned, and got hardly any of the references. But I found the phrase "it reopens painfully circular conversations about how a certain Swiss rider noodled away from a certain Belgian racer on the the Muur in 2010" intriguing and so did a bit of Googling. Wow! (Is 'noodled away' a common phrase in cycling? I hope so.) I'd never heard of either rider before. Presumably, all you pro cycling aficionados are so familiar with the story that you don't think twice about it, but coming on it for the first time - wow! Using a GPS watch for navigation during a fell race - that's so not worth bothering about in comparison. Watching the bit of the video where Cancellara opens up the gap I thought, that's incredible! But then, as I read more, and watched the second video, I thought, yes, it was incredible - not in the 'difficult to believe' sense but, rather, in the 'impossible to believe' sense. What a fascinating story. (Perhaps this post should be on the e-bike thread, but, then again, perhaps not.)

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/04/for-...r-speculation/