Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2020

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Have you never fallen off a bike Stagger?

And I'm referring to the type that has wheels
    Yep.

But sticky sheets mean something different in Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Yep.

But sticky sheets mean something different in Yorkshire.
    Yes. I bet those Pontefract cakes get everywhere!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Yates now leads

I'm cheap
    What is a good online channel to watch the highlights?

edit: ok, I found cyclingnews.com, it's only few min short, better than nothing you can't expect much if you don't to pay. As much as I love cycling no way I'm going to pay to watch a bunch of cheaters (maybe not all, but probably most) riding bycicles, I still have too much bitterness after Armstrong cheated us all while the organizers deliberately turned two blind eyes.

Banned
    ITV4 highlights 7 till 8pm

Flat South Staffs, close to Cannock Chase
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    edit: ok, I found cyclingnews.com, it's only few min short, better than nothing you can't expect much if you don't to pay. As much as I love cycling no way I'm going to pay to watch a bunch of cheaters (maybe not all, but probably most) riding bycicles, I still have too much bitterness after Armstrong cheated us all while the organizers deliberately turned two blind eyes.
    Whilst cycling was undoubtedly dirty, it has changed dramatically in recent years. In 2019, whilst lying in a hospital bed severely injured, Chris Froome won the 2011 Vuelta a Espaņa. That is, the Spanish winner of the Tour of Spain was stripped of the win after retrospective testing.

People who have been watching top cycling for 20+ years will have noticed the racing has changed. Two days ago we had what was basically a bunch sprint at a summit finish; the days of 'superhuman' exploits have gone, and now they're trying to nick a few seconds here and there.

Marco,
    it could well be that cycling has changed. I do't know. But if it has, I have not seen anything to indicate so. And in your post you are not pointing to any indications of it.
    The 1999 Tour, the one after the Festina scandal, was nicknamed "the Tour of redemption". Go figure.
    And once the Brits started to win, I was appalled by the mood in Britain "sure cycling must now be clean, the evidence of it is that the Brits, undoubtedly clean, used to be beaten and now start to win". This is only nationalism. Go Brexit!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    a bunch sprint at a summit finish; the days of 'superhuman' exploits have gone, and now they're trying to nick a few seconds here and there.
    Bunch sprint finish were always there.
    Are you maybe saying that the spread among the first riders now being smaller than years ago should indicate the sport is now clean? I don't find this argument convincing: those behind Armstrong 20yr ago doped as much as he, so we can't say the gap was big because "he" doped.
    They cheated us and I'm unhappy and I feel very bitter.

Master
    Not a major summit and the race always gets lit up in the latter stages. I do think this year is one of the weakest years in terms of contenders. A long way from the heady days of Contador vs Schleck vs Nibali vs Evans vs everyone else etc
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

It’s thirty years next year since Abdoujaparov won his first green jersey
    Poacher turned game-keeper