Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Another victim

Very sadly Ben Nevis is cancelled again. I had really thought/hoped/expected this would go ahead. The good news is that we have been offered the chance to defer our entries again, which I appreciate.

But Lothersdale will (hopefully) be running in June. Less entries available (via SportsIdent), and done with a time trial format but something will occur!!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Coledale Horseshoe is back on September 25th

British Championship will be a one-off race this year, AM in England, Sept 4th. (announced on facebook page, although i shamelessly copied the news from one DaveMole)

Race hasn't been announced but my prediction would be Grisedale.

Just been speaking to the RO of the Sheldon Fell Race. He is not putting it on this year as he does not think it appropriate to have a couple of hundred runners descend on the villagers so soon.

Disappointing, but I cannot disagree.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    British Championship will be a one-off race this year, AM in England, Sept 4th. (announced on facebook page, although i shamelessly copied the news from one DaveMole)

Race hasn't been announced but my prediction would be Grisedale.
    Grisedale is one of my favourites. That will sort the men from the boys.
    Some dodgy nav in the mist could be interesting after Helvellyn. Also the last climb will kill anyone who is not ready for it.
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Grisedale is one of my favourites. That will sort the men from the boys.
    Some dodgy nav in the mist could be interesting after Helvellyn. Also the last climb will kill anyone who is not ready for it.
    A wonderful race! Nobody ever forgets the last climb. Some First In Category wins count more than others and this - in grim conditions - is one of mine.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Lothersdale 9th June. Race Licence has been applied for. Quote from landowner 'why do you need a licence to run along a bridleway!!'. If only they were always so helpful....
    Will be pre entry only, SI entries not open yet. Max 70 runners overall. Time trial format, maximum of 2 off every 30s, half hour window for starting.....

I read on facebook that the 3 Peaks Cyclo-cross is cancelled this year. Don't know much about it or when it was scheduled...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I read on facebook that the 3 Peaks Cyclo-cross is cancelled this year. Don't know much about it or when it was scheduled...
    It’s a massive event, starting and finishing at the Helwith Bridge pub here in Ribblesdale. I suspect it’s the logistics of having so many cyclists at the start and finish, plus all the hangers on who come to watch that makes it difficult to run

Details here -> http://3peakscyclocross.org.uk/
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 17-05-2021 at 05:09 PM.