Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Another victim

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Some organisers are good at updating by email via Sportident.
    Worryingly the last one I received was to say that the Ben is in doubt again but the committee hope it will go ahead and hope to make a decision in May.
    I'd like to hope that following govt announcements next week, we might have an idea when races (of any kind) will return, and might see the calendar to take shape a little more.

To put it simply - I think we can write-off 2021 for fell races.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    To put it simply - I think we can write-off 2021 for fell races.
    +1 for that

Best to accept it now and if it turns out different then its a bonus
    The older I get the Faster I was

I personally think we'll get at least some races in... it seems we'll be in a better situation this summer than last... and there were races going on last year...

Whether we'll get proper mass starts i'm more sceptical, but i can't see any reason for some races not being ran along same lines as they were last year.

Possibly setting myself up for disappointment, of course, but if gyms etc are going to be reopening, then i see no reason why we won't have some form of racing (assuming the recovery in the country continues).
    Last edited by Travs; 18-02-2021 at 10:40 PM.

I could see races being held towards the end of August, but really can't see anything sooner being a goer. I still have a Saunders MM entry from last year but can't see it happening. Hopefully the LDMT will be run (it's not a mass start) but I could see it's "older" organisers and marshals being somewhat reserved in organising it.

So for me it's get over a child inflicted injury and build mileage for BGR in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Hopefully the LDMT will be run (it's not a mass start) but I could see it's "older" organisers and marshals being somewhat reserved in organising it.
    I'm on the LDMT committee and though not speaking in any 'official' capacity, I can say that the event will go ahead if at all possible. Volunteers to marshal (old or young!) welcome.
    Geoff Clarke

Woooo best news for a while! Thanks Hank! It’s a truly wonderful event!

I think that following the relatively optimistic news coming out of the government, its now time for EA/UKA to earn their crust and provide some meaningful guidance in relation to the rest of 2021 from a racing point of view...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I think that following the relatively optimistic news coming out of the government, its now time for EA/UKA to earn their crust and provide some meaningful guidance in relation to the rest of 2021 from a racing point of view...
    Give them chance, they are still sorting out women’s suffrage in xc.

Old County Tops cancelled until next year.