Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Another victim

A couple of Lake District races confirmed...

Wednesday 21st July - Fellside
    Saturday 24th July - Old Crown Round

July shaping up to be a busy month in the Northern Fells, with the two above, and the Blencathra champs race. And who knows perhaps Skiddaw too...

Fingers crossed....

Master
    Lakeland 50 cancelled final details still being worked out but it seems that it may become a virtual event, and if you provide proof of completion then it could be acceptable as a qualifier for next years LDWA TRANS-PENNINE 100, if that is the case then all is not lost but as I say details are still being worked out.
    Last edited by JohnK; 07-03-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

John - do you mean the actual Lakeland 50, or the Spring in to Lakeland 50? I'm told the latter is cancelled (I had an entry but withdrew when they wanted to cut the numbers down as I had only entered two of the three legs). I'm waiting to hear if April in Ambleside the week before is still going ahead. Fingers crossed, it's a smaller field and probably needs less in the way of support on the way round.
    Edit:- I've just had a look on the website for Spring in to Lakeland which now says April in Ambleside is also cancelled.
    Further edit:- The paragraph I saw in the LDWA site saying Ambleside was cancelled has now disappeared. The April in Ambleside site itself says that it might still go ahead. Watch this space I suppose.
    Last edited by Mark G; 07-03-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Master
    Sorry Mark yes Imean the LDWA 3 rings of Staveley 50 miler is cancelled I know nothg of the other commercial trail race 50 miler

TBH I am not holding my breath over any events taking place this season but I will be having a Bimble around the longer ones particularly the LDWA 50 and hopefully getting a qualifier for the Trans-Penninne 100 in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Further edit:- The paragraph I saw in the LDWA site saying Ambleside was cancelled has now disappeared. The April in Ambleside site itself says that it might still go ahead. Watch this space I suppose.
    Yeah, I've got an entry for this. Had assumed it'd be binned, but the closer it gets without any news I guess the more likely it is to go ahead.
    Geoff Clarke

The excellent Lakes Mountain 42 has been cancelled until next year.

Master
    I.O.M. TT Cancelled :-(

This is the important one http://www.ldmta.org.uk/entry.html entries open in April.

Coniston not going ahead this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Coniston not going ahead this year.
    That's a shame, I was hoping it might be one of the first actual races to go ahead.
    On a better note there was an email yesterday from the organiser of April in Ambleside, still hopeful it may go ahead.