Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Another victim

Cader Idris cancelled again. (was scheduled late May).

That's two high profile races in Wales gone now, so I would expect the inter-counties at Moel Eilio will likely go the same way.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Arse. Not had an email nor anything on the website though.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Arse. Not had an email nor anything on the website though.
    No it was just an announcement on the Facebook page, email to follow in the coming days. They did say they'd considered the options of still putting it on under whatever restrictions are in place in May... ie potential staggered starts etc... but i think for races like Snowdon/Cader Idris, there's too many people and it's too high-profile to do this, and detracts from the race completely.

Still, Fairfield Horseshoe is currently scheduled for the same day, will be interesting to see what decision is made there...

I think the next logical step for the FRA in promoting and preserving the traditions of fell running should be ban the use of Facebook.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I think the next logical step for the FRA in promoting and preserving the traditions of fell running should be ban the use of Facebook.
    Have to agree with you there.

Anyway just had confirmation email that Ras-Y-Gader is off. Disappointed but to be expected.

I feel announcements should be made by email/website as well as facebook. The same announcement at a roughly similar time. Not everyone's on facebook (and I've enjoyed life much more since I left)

The worst is when important instruction/rules for races are put on facebook and not in final detail/on the website.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

To be honest, in races which i've entered online, anything important has always been conveyed by email.

The Cader Idris facebook announcement only preceeded the email by 24hrs... i think with a race scheduled for late May, that's hardly a cause for issue.

But yes, i broadly agree that facebook announcements should never take precedence at the expense of other methods.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I feel announcements should be made by email/website as well as facebook. The same announcement at a roughly similar time. Not everyone's on facebook (and I've enjoyed life much more since I left)

The worst is when important instruction/rules for races are put on facebook and not in final detail/on the website.
    I've not missed Facebook since I left. The only downside is that my club, Matlock AC, put just about everything on there so I have not got a clue what is going on.

Not had a subs request yet for this year so will probably become U/A, which is a shame as I'll miss out on Cross Country and the Fell Relays.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post

Yes, I've turned up at a local race that was entry on the day, only to be told it was pre-entry only. "Didn't you read the facebook page?"

Some organisers are good at updating by email via Sportident.
    Worryingly the last one I received was to say that the Ben is in doubt again but the committee hope it will go ahead and hope to make a decision in May.