I know that a few Forumites on here grow soft fruit and, having just picked another 6lb of Autumn fruiting raspberries, wondered how everyone has fared this year.

My Blackcurrants and Gooseberries were slightly disappointing having been knocked back by one of the late frosts we had and although numerous, the size and plumpness was not up to much.

Red Currants were fantastic but I don't do much with them and let a neighbour and the birds have what they want.

Early and Summer fruiting Raspberries were average and were battered by wind. We are just over 800' above sea-level and very exposed.

However my Autumn fruiting Raspberries have been fantastic. The best ever, and, as long as the frost keeps away should keep going for another week or 10 days. Many of them have been weighing over 1/4 of an ounce each. Some have gone silvery from windburn but fine for jam.

I have already decided to stop growing many spuds as it is hard work for little return and will plant more fruit bushes/canes. I will still put in a few Pink Fir Apple though!