Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stagger

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I volunteer to moderate but only if we agree to deselect moderators who add caveats to their offers to moderate.
    But I'm on the second page of my little list..!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Looks like my appointment as a moderator was short lived.

Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    I would have been a moderator a few years ago when the forum was A FELLRUNNING FORUM with a steady influx of new keen RUNNERS that were looking for information and advice which was always freely given without any kind of derisory comments and the forum was always a nice place to visit with a good craic going and frequent new on topic posts.

However the forum now appears to have lost its direction and seems to focus on a few old hands infighting over matters that have nothing or very little to do with fellrunning and my observations whilst out on the fells is that the Virus has not killed FELLRUNNING in fact a long way from it but it seems that the virus is well on the way to killing what used to be a very highly thought of source of Fellrunning information.

I just hope (but doubt) that folk can take a long hard look at what is happening to our FELLRUNNING FORUM and turn it around again, but some how I feel it is to late.
    Last edited by JohnK; 30-09-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Well said JohnK. The proportion of discussions about fell racing and fell running has decreased over recent years.

The problem is we're all getting older and running less. And them young 'uns spend all their time on Facebook asking what shoes to wear in trail races.

Certain argumentative posters (mentioning no names) put a lot of people off too.

Master
    Well said JohnK. The proportion of discussions about fell racing and fell running has decreased over recent years.

The problem is we're all getting older and running less. And them young 'uns spend all their time on Facebook asking what shoes to wear in trail races.

Certain argumentative posters (mentioning no names) put a lot of people off too.
    Yes I know we are all getting older I am amoung you all, but in my case I am racing less but certainly out a lot more Running (slower) on the fells and covering vastly more distance than when racing. It just seems to make more sense to me than spending hours in front of a PC screen be-moaning the passing of time and going over old ground on subjects that we have no control over (and that includes getting older)after all I can still set goals, get PBs, good for age times and distance targets etc etc so very little has changed in my mindset from when I was racing
    Last edited by JohnK; 30-09-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

as a mod now, perhaps you can check out the Baiting Witton thread then as well as some of the other threads on the Moderator Forum that I could have had some fun perusing and maybe moving to General Chat had I more time on my hands and the inclination.

Nice little club you've joined there Noel. I'm sure you'll fit in.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

As ever John, you have summarised my thoughts to a tee.

I do recall GravyMuncher predicting precisely this happening to the forum. Hey ho.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Yes I know we are all getting older I am amoung you all, but in my case I am racing less but certainly out a lot more Running (slower) on the fells and covering vastly more distance than when racing. It just seems to make more sense to me than spending hours in front of a PC screen be-moaning the passing of time and going over old ground on subjects that we have no control over (and that includes getting older)after all I can still set goals, get PBs, good for age times and distance targets etc etc so very little has changed in my mindset from when I was racing
    I think our future (present even) was already written for us JohnK

https://vimeo.com/52222410
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    as a mod now, perhaps you can check out the Baiting Witton thread then as well as some of the other threads on the Moderator Forum that I could have had some fun perusing and maybe moving to General Chat had I more time on my hands and the inclination.

Nice little club you've joined there Noel. I'm sure you'll fit in.
    How did that happen? What's that Groucho Marx quotation about not being in a club?

How did that happen? What's that Groucho Marx quotation about not being in a club?
    Noel

How can I apply for your club when your PM box is full?

Inconsolable of Ilkley
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".