Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Stagger

Oh, sorry is it Trev? Glove puppet?

Like the Terminator, he’s still coming for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    I think that was Gilbert O'Sullivan's first proper hit, wasn't it? I remember watching him on Top of the Pops when I was young.

Well that's 50 years ago - so obviously very young!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.
    Synchronicity or what! (Or what, actually.) I've just finished listening to In Our Time on (yes, you've guessed it) Radio 4 on the topic of Macbeth. (I missed the first part of it because I was posting on this forum!) The above speech got a mention (but the FRA Forum didn't, I'm afraid). I now feel like I'm an expert on Macbeth!

Talking of Synchronicity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eucxdzWS5k

I absorbed the blow.

[QUOTE=Flem;667448]Synchronicity or what! (Or what, actually.) I've just finished listening to In Our Time on (yes, you've guessed it) Radio 4 on the topic of Macbeth. (I missed the first part of it because I was posting on this forum!) The above speech got a mention (but the FRA Forum didn't, I'm afraid). I now feel like I'm an expert on Macbeth!

Stick with me kid, you could learn so much; although as Dorothy Parker said

You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Culture? What's yoghurt got to do with anything? (I won't repeat the very crude question I heard someone ask in relation to culture.)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I think our future (present even) was already written for us JohnK

https://vimeo.com/52222410
    Thanks Mossdog that is truly poetry in motion, little did I realise all those years ago when I first saw this how true to my own life that poem and short film would become (but no string vest, rather a technical vest).

4hrs a day on the hills (Minimum) regardless of weather, 7 days a week has been and still is my goal. Hopefully I will be able to maintain this for some time to come.
    Last edited by JohnK; 01-10-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Thanks Mossdog that is truly poetry in motion, little did I realise all those years ago when I first saw this how true to my own life that poem and short film would become (but no string vest, rather a technical vest).

4hrs a day on the hills (Minimum) regardless of weather, 7 days a week has been and still is my goal. Hopefully I will be able to maintain this for some time to come.
    That video and the poem are just beautiful and pretty much capture the whole essence of fell running. There should be a thread about it all to itself in fact - Mossdog over to you... (or is there a thread already?)

PS the only times I've ever run up Stoodley Pike have been my four or five bashes at the Haworth Hobble and never once have I looked so calm and relaxed at the top

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I think our future (present even) was already written for us JohnK

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    That video and the poem are just beautiful and pretty much capture the whole essence of fell running. There should be a thread about it all to itself in fact - Mossdog over to you... (or is there a thread already?)

PS the only times I've ever run up Stoodley Pike have been my four or five bashes at the Haworth Hobble and never once have I looked so calm and relaxed at the top
    Couldn`t agree more Fellbeast (or Stolly as I prefer to remember you}

The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post

I've also only been up there on the Hobble... i have a photo from one year (i think it was the year i beat
    Fellbeast ) showing me leaving the summit... caused great mirth amongst my non-running friends, as the guy behind me had stopped mid-race and taken a full camera out to take a picture of the monument... it confirmed to my friends that most fellrunners were loopy!