Thread: Stagger

Banned

Stagger

Gone, but never forgotten.

I don't believe it.

Great work guys.

Conform or die. The North Korean Forum.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Where's he gone? Has he proper gone?
    I go away for a few days fishing and it all kicks off on here, you lot can't be trusted to behave on your own .
    I'm off to the lounge this evening for a beer and grumble with the other oldies, perhaps he will sneak back in through the window!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I expect it was telling people to "p**s off" and calling people "t*ss***" that did it rather than anything else. Its not really necessary on a forum like this one.

I didn't agree with many of his views, but he's quite entitled to them, and I won't slag him off when he's not here to defend himself.... But I suspect that's his own fault...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I expect it was telling people to "p**s off" and calling people "t*ss***" that did it rather than anything else. Its not really necessary on a forum like this one.

I didn't agree with many of his views, but he's quite entitled to them, and I won't slag him off when he's not here to defend himself.... But I suspect that's his own fault...
    Stagger has had some mental health issues in the past which have been discussed on the forum. The current situation is stretching many people.
    People have piled on him often for nothing other than an ey by gum, let's crack on type comment. They just couldn't hold back from posting.
    Says more about them than Trevor.

Hope you are OK Trevor.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

It's certainly true that it seems to be affecting a lot of people. The arguments on here absolutely pale in comparison to some I've seen on other forums... One football forum I occasionally read has someone having what appears to be a very public descent into madness.

On a personal note, I've unfollowed a fair percentage of my Facebook friends (meaning I'm still "friends" with them, but I can't see the waffle they post).... I'm just not interested in people's political views/agendas...

Has arguing on the Internet ever changed anyone's opinion about anything? I doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by So Wood View Post
    Gone, but never forgotten.
    Nah! More Fake news. Our Stagger will be back and continue to add to the rich diversity of views and opinions expressed in a miriade of ways on this forum. Afterall, we're not the bloomin' Grauniad.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Maybe a better solution would have been to simply remover Stagger's "Attack each other" thread, which is where the offensive comments mentioned by Travs appeared. After all, a thread devoted to offensiveness . . .

I have found most of Stagger's comments on political issues well worth ignoring (as opposed to, say, WP's, which generally indicate that some serious thought has gone into them); but I'm not sure that they indicate any recurrence of his mental health problems.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Conform or die. The North Korean Forum.
    It is my understanding that the people responsible for the administration and moderation of this forum do so voluntarily. I would like to thank them all for their time, effort, expertise and (sorely tested though it must be) forbearance. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Maybe a better solution would have been to simply remover Stagger's "Attack each other" thread, which is where the offensive comments mentioned by Travs appeared. After all, a thread devoted to offensiveness . . .

I have found most of Stagger's comments on political issues well worth ignoring (as opposed to, say, WP's, which generally indicate that some serious thought has gone into them); but I'm not sure that they indicate any recurrence of his mental health problems.
    I think the "attack each other" thread was his way of responding to what happened to Oracle, what I was experiencing and perhaps to a lesser extent himself at that time.

It was to make the point that we should not derail threads by getting petty and personal. That was my take on it anyway. Take your argument elsewhere.

Whilst it's kind of you to at least ackowledge I have given the issues I comment on some thought, there are hosts of examples of people coming on threads with pointless, thoughtless comments often intended to derail or mock.

I'm also not sure they indicate any recurrence, but I'm also not sure they don't. He clearly wasn't happy and he clearly felt he was being bullied.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell