Thread: Inov-8 softshell half-zip

Inov-8 softshell half-zip

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inov8-Softs...8-1&th=1&psc=1

Anyone tried one of these? Nights are getting colder - I'm getting 'snowflakier'.

Seriously, I hate waterproof jackets and anything that breathes better than gortex, and the like might be worth a punt.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Not had the Inov8 one, but certainly prefer to run in softshell than a waterproof...

Really has to be very cold to require anything above and beyond a base-layer though...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Not had the Inov8 one, but certainly prefer to run in softshell than a waterproof...

Really has to be very cold to require anything above and beyond a base-layer though...

Thanks Travs. Sadly, I'm not blessed with your speedster progress generating all that excess heat. We old plodders need a few more layers. Now, I wonder if they could do me one in a nice tartan pattern to match my wheeled shopping trolley...
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

Do you count the OMM Kamleika top as a soft-shell? It is very different in feel to any other light-weight waterproof top I have had - non rustly, soft, stretchy - the only issue I have with it is the hood, which balloons out in the wind no matter how I adjust it. Otherwise really good.

I know what you mean MikeT... I've never owned the Kamleika, but tried it on. It's definitely not as thick/warm as a soft-shell though.

I currently use a Mountain Equipment softshell type top for those times when it is too cool for a standard baselayer. When it gets drastically cold, i.e something like Marsden-Edale in January, then Paramo Ostro Plus Fleece gets some action... but it's very rare that is required for anything other than post-race warming, as it is seriously warm!
    Last edited by Travs; 03-10-2020 at 06:31 PM.