Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelmorton Chase

Re: Chelmorton 7th Sept

Yes it's a nice well-organised race. Can't fault the goodies either - last year t-shirt and tea/coffee and cakes all laid on for nowt for runners. Very nice. Can't do it this year as still not run after falling several times coming down Snowdon in July and damaging left knee (cartilage according to physio).

Quote Originally Posted by MathsEd View Post
    Yes it's a nice well-organised race. Can't fault the goodies either - last year t-shirt and tea/coffee and cakes all laid on for nowt for runners. Very nice.
    Very well organised again and we got bacon butties with the tea & coffee!
    Thought the weather was going to be awful but the rain stopped just before the race.
    Very muddy though! Didn't meet Richard123 - In fact no Richards in the results at all!

Yes, apologies. After all my excitement domestic duties called and I didn't get to do it. Shame as it's local to me and sounds as though it would have been a good run.

Oh well, next year!

Chelmorton Chase

Anyone got any info on this race plus what sort of times are the front runners finishing in. It's on the 12th September for anyone that didn't know. I so hope it isn't steep hills straight away

Re: Chelmorton Chase

Quote Originally Posted by BionicBetty View Post
    Anyone got any info on this race plus what sort of times are the front runners finishing in. It's on the 12th September for anyone that didn't know. I so hope it isn't steep hills straight away
    The race starts with a long steady climb out of Chelmorton, up the main street then across fields to drop down into Taddington. A left turn at the Waterloo Inn takes you along a green lane, and back up onto the limestone plateau to rejoin the outward route. But watch out - just as you are about to reenter the village, there's a sharp right turn through a gate and a steep pull up on to Chelmorton Low, before looping back round into the village to finish on the main street. The frontrunners generally finish in around 34 to 36 minutes. It's a good race, with a unique and very friendly atmosphere.

See you there!
    Werdna.

Re: Chelmorton Chase

Thanks for that. Just what I was looking for

chelmorton chase

Does anybody know were i can get the results

Chelmorton Chase 2011.

Does anybody know where you can get the results of this race? I remember last year they took an age to be published. Any idea's?

Re: Chelmorton Chase 2011.

Emailed them yesterday as I'd like to know my result and see some photos. Here's the reply.
    "Photo cds have been prepared with results and are going out free to all runners with Christmas best wishes in the next week or so"

Re: Chelmorton Chase 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Plattsy View Post
    Emailed them yesterday as I'd like to know my result and see some photos. Here's the reply.
    "Photo cds have been prepared with results and are going out free to all runners with Christmas best wishes in the next week or so"
    I'll look forward to receiving that then. I did find it strange that there was very little on line about the race, considering how much effort went in to it on the day.