Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A suitable fell running watch?

A suitable fell running watch?

Just seen this:
    Ricky Lightfoot endorsing a £6000 watch for fell running!!!!
    “All you need is a reliable timepiece that can withstand the elements.”

Great journalism, too:
    "Fell running is much more complex than a city marathon, thanks to treacherous terrain"
    and, wait for it:
    "Lightfoot has run up 1,500-metre mountains in Scotland". I knew he was good, but not 155m of extra climbing than Scotland's highest mountain good
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Brilliant, I want one, sod the new conservatory that is half built I want a go-faster watch instead.
    Hope Ricky got to keep the watch as part of the deal, because somehow I can't believe he actually went out and bought one for fell running. But I may be wrong.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    "Lightfoot has run up 1,500-metre mountains in Scotland". I knew he was good, but not 155m of extra climbing than Scotland's highest mountain good
    He started his run up Ben Nevis from the seabed at the bottom of Loch Linnhe. I will post my pictures of him emerging from the loch along with my Loch Ness Monster pictures.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Haha I follow Ricky Lightfoot on instagram and he is gradually collecting a few sponsors. He for instance has Comfy Balls', the "most comfortable boxers ever" and Premax performance skincare "where skin science meets athlete performance". And I'm sure I've seen him promoting earphones too (I mean fell running and earphones wtf! )

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Haha I follow Ricky Lightfoot on instagram and he is gradually collecting a few sponsors. He for instance has Comfy Balls', the "most comfortable boxers ever" and Premax performance skincare "where skin science meets athlete performance". And I'm sure I've seen him promoting earphones too (I mean fell running and earphones wtf! )
    I once tried on a Seiko and then a Rolex watch in a posh watch shop in Harrogate (just for a laff you understand). It felt like I had a brick strapped to my lower arm. If you used one for fellrunner you'd need another on t'other arm simply for balance, or risk spinal distortion. Expensive job, albeit a weight training aid!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I once tried on a Seiko and then a Rolex watch in a posh watch shop in Harrogate (just for a laff you understand). It felt like I had a brick strapped to my lower arm. If you used one for fellrunner you'd need another on t'other arm simply for balance, or risk spinal distortion. Expensive job, albeit a weight training aid!
    Obviously you are too familiar with plastic Timex watches!

I have owned a Rolex for over 50 years. It doesn't have bells and whistles that tell the time of high tide on Venus or help you fly a plane (like those vulgar Breitlings) but it is light, has a clean uncluttered face and is classicly elegant. And I cherish it.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

High-end watches seem to be a good investment option, as they invariably seem to rise in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post

I have owned a Rolex for over 50 years. It doesn't have bells and whistles that tell the time of high tide on Venus or help you fly a plane (like those vulgar Breitlings) but it is light, has a clean uncluttered face and is classicly elegant. And I cherish it.
    But do you wear it for fell running?
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post

Is the face in Celeste?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Is the face in Celeste?
    Hardly appropriate with a dinner jacket, surely?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".