Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planned events for next year

Planned events for next year

Okay, with my optimistic, "everything will be fine", hat on what's everyone got in their diary for next year? Pretty much all of the races I'd entered this year after March have rolled over into next year anyway so, if nothing else, it should be a cheap year for race entries. Thus far I'm already locked and loaded for:

24 April - Three Peaks fell race
    9th May - The Howgills Montane Trail 26
    5th June - Ullswater Way Montane Trail 20
    26th June - The Lakeland Five Passes
    23rd July - Lakeland 100
    9th October - Lakes in a Day

In a perfect world I'll add the Haworth Hobble to that lot in March (so long as I remember to book it on time Brett ) and the High Cup Nick fell race in February. But that said, with things as they are at the minute with covid, maybe I shouldn't be holding my breath for any early in the year races? Even those later in the year still feel a bit like they're on shaky ground

nothing.

Snowdon, if it's on....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

I've got two races where entries are carried over from this year...

Cader Idris
    Pen Y Fan

However i'm loathe to plan anything in too great detail. Aside from the current events, there's a strong possibility i may have a significant change of location in the first half of next year... in either case i'd hope to be racing very regularly.

Usually have a bit of a plan for each year... this year had been to compete in the Welsh/NW/SW Champs, which obviously didn't go too well!

But the only vague plans i can currently make for next year are to do the 50th Welsh 1000m in June, and enough races to score in the Lakeland Classics Trophy.
    Last edited by Travs; 12-10-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Ps Fellbeast i'd also planned the 5 Passes Ultra... but £50...!!! No chance.

Master
    I have one 50 mile event rolled over from this year but not overly optimistic that it or any other event will be taking place, so to that end I have spent a lot of time over the last seven months planning some long distance jaunts to do solo self supported over ground that I have overlooked in the past, so all being well it will be a good year, not that this year has been that bad really but in a different way
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Ps Fellbeast i'd also planned the 5 Passes Ultra... but £50...!!! No chance.
    Only £10 per pass or £1.56 per mile or £0.005 per foot of ascent

I’ve got a couple rolled over but after missing so many pre entry races in the last couple of years due to illness/injury I plan to just race the still traditional entry on the day races of which, unfortunately, are getting fewer and farther between.

As for £50 races, they can swivel��
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I’ve got a couple rolled over but after missing so many pre entry races in the last couple of years due to illness/injury I plan to just race the still traditional entry on the day races of which, unfortunately, are getting fewer and farther between.

As for £50 races, they can swivel��
    Yeah I can understand people’s reluctance of shelving out £50 for a race but for ultra races in the mountains you do need really slick organisation, with people manning checkpoints as well as food stops. And great food at the end and whatnot. Ascend Events are really great and all of the races they organise they organise well. They also took over the old (LDWA?) 4 Lakeland passes race which would’ve otherwise ceased to exist so I think they’re a big positive for mountain and trail running.

That said I like the bob up on the day and pay a fiver races too

I'd been really keen on the 5 Passes race and had intended to do it since it started up a couple of years ago. I was also entered in the 4 Passes one year, but missed it due to injury.

Ascend Events seem to put on some decent runs/races, but their prices seem to have risen quite dramatically across the board. I think the 5 Passes was priced in the thirties when i first looked at it, which i think is a fair price for an 'ultra' of that distance, rather than a fell race.

I think the issue stems from fellrunners probably feeling that they could go out and run the 5 Passes route themselves without too much assistance, and wondering where the £50 is going.

I do however intend to enter the Y3P when entries re-open, despite the £32 price tag!!

Quote Originally Posted by fellbeast View Post

that said i like the bob up on the day and pay a fiver races too
    a fiver!!!!!