Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Many people who reach the top are Psychopaths. PMs, Presidents, CEOs and sports stars. Maybe even FRA Chairs! What do you think Graham?

According to Prof Kevin Dutton (Oxford) the ten careers with the highest proportion of psychopaths are:

CEO
    Lawyer
    Media (TV/radio)
    Salesperson
    Surgeon
    Journalist
    Police officer
    Clergy
    Chef
    Civil servant
    Indeed. The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson is an interesting read on the subject (and suggests it's pretty much a pre-requisite for world leaders).
    Geoff Clarke

Yeah let’s hear it for the poor old psychopaths

[QUOTE=Witton Park;668372]Many people who reach the top are Psychopaths. Maybe even FRA Chairs! What do you think Graham?

QUOTE]

Dunno Richard. But what's that expression, "It takes one to....."?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 23-10-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

[QUOTE=Graham Breeze;668376]
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Many people who reach the top are Psychopaths. Maybe even FRA Chairs! What do you think Graham?

QUOTE]

Dunno Richard. But what's that expression, "It takes one to....."?

Giro has been good - looking forward to tomorrow and Sunday.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but stating that being homosexual is not normal lands you pretty squarely in homophobia territory. You might not think of it as "hate", but how do you think your attitude would come across to a gay person?
    Nonsense. There are many individuals and groups who regard homosexuality as immoral. It does not follow necessarily that they are homophobic. Homophobia according to one definition is an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals. But many who regard homosexuality as immoral have reached their conclusions rationally, without fear or hatred.

It's also a fact that many who accuse others of homophobic views fall into the trap they created. They show hatred and fear towards those who disagree with their conclusions. As for instance your hatred of Donald Trump. The real reason you don't like him is because he's right wing and you're left wing. After all if it wasn't you'd be on here slagging the racist, womanizing, terrorist sympathizing left winging politicians like Jeremy Corbyn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    Male and Female (with a small number of anomolies) are biological states, LBGTQ+ are choices of how someone sees themselves and how they choose to behave. I don't have a problem with any of this but I don't want it rammed down my throat at every oportunity. So there is a same sex couple dancing together on the TV, no big deal, so why make it one. But how can having 2 mums (or 2 dads) be normal? having a child is a privilege and not a right.
    You've made some interesting observations in the past Bigfella and this again stands out for me. I stopped watching Strictly this year because it's gone too far with same sex couples. For me it is a big deal for you not. I agree with the rest of what you say.

Master
    I want to get back onto the Jeska issue which everyone seems petrified of talking about. Even though this thread is specific to that. Did the FRA do the right thing in allowing Jeska to compete and win medals in the Women's fell running championships? If not should the FRA re-allocate the medals?

And if the FRA want to bury this issue doesn't that reflect that they're still on the side of Jeska and if so why?

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    I want to get back onto the Jeska issue which everyone seems petrified of talking about. Even though this thread is specific to that. Did the FRA do the right thing in allowing Jeska to compete and win medals in the Women's fell running championships? If not should the FRA re-allocate the medals?

And if the FRA want to bury this issue doesn't that reflect that they're still on the side of Jeska and if so why?
    I think probably the FRA don't know how to handle it, much like the rest of sport Chris. They aren't really a governing body and probably rely on what comes down from UKA.

I don't think it was right. I think someone previously posted that it was within the rules for domestic competition. I hadn't been aware of that and I don't believe it should have been.

The Women's fell running Championships is for women. Or we may as well make it just one open category.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I agree with you Richard. Not really something the FRA could or should adjudicate on. I expect it was escalated to a higher authority.

Bang on Wheeze

Mr Breeze has asked me to post this as he is, as ever, out on his Bianchi Celeste searching out the local hills. (never see him in Cononley though...)

I was FRA Chairman in early 2010 when the matter arose. To comply with the relevant laws required great discretion, including not placing the FRA and its officers in significant jeopardy.

At the time Lauren’s situation was unprecedented. The relevant Acts of Parliament took no account of sporting activities and no effective guidance was available from any sports authority on dealing with athletes of reassigned gender - the situation was extremely complicated.

Eventually Lauren’s situation was addressed by UK Athletics and after the subsequent tragic consequences, entered the public domain. UKA now has a policy on Gender Reassignment.

In dealing with the matter at that time the FRA upheld the values of fell running, respected Laurens’s position, complied with the law; and made the correct decisions.