Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender

How will the Whinberry Naze Dash be affected by this furore? My target finish for this race is first schoolgirl, but as an MV40 will my title be called into question. This is a pertinent issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    As a 'normally' sighted person, I feel disadvantaged by all these lazy cheats who just can't be bothered to try seeing harder. I've lost many a place in MMs by these rotters using their unnatural advantages to scrutinize route choices and spy out the route ahead. Grrrrh
    What about all those bastards who live local to races and know the route like the back of their hand. I’ve run the Langdale horseshoe three times and never, ever once got the right line off of Pike of Blisco. Cheating bastards...

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    What about all those bastards who live local to races and know the route like the back of their hand. I’ve run the Langdale horseshoe three times and never, ever once got the right line off of Pike of Blisco. Cheating bastards...
    Sod them, they live by lakes and dine on swans and geese.

I hear they've got monkey butlers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    The routes off Blisco - Langdale, 3 shires, Great Lakes - take some sorting out. As does the best way through/behind the Crinkles. There is so much time to be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

But if the argument for inclusion is "you can compete against everybody, unless you possess a biological advantage...." then why do we allow tall blokes playing basketball volleyball etc etc against short ones?

If the word un-natural is inserted into your quote "you can compete against everybody, unless you possess an UN-NATURAL biological advantage..." you get your answer as to why we allow people of different heights to compete against each other.
    I like this answer.
    But still....
    ...what is natural and what not? What gear do we allow? HMR? GPS? Radio? Carbon? Operation? Do we allow athlete to compete after they had an operation that had absolute no need other than to put the athlete back on training? I had Achille tendon operation, after that I could resume running and I 2yr later I won a race.

I would suggest that natural is what the midwife says to the mother at birth. "It's a boy" or "It's a girl".

I know that for a very small minority of babies this is not always clear and some undergo surgery that hopefully corrects matters.

As for comparing the use of HMR, GPS, Carbon, Operation etc with the changing of sex, that is a totally different question and I think is deliberately used to muddy the waters which to me are as clear as a mountain stream.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Lauren Jeska should never have been competing and winning medals in Women's event. The FRA and those in charge at the time Jeska won the fell championships are responsible for allowing an injustice to take place. The FRA may say we were only following the rules laid down by the governing body but that doesn't cut it with me. They CHOSE to join it and they could have said something at the time but kept quiet.

The FRA could still put things right by re-allocating the medals and results to omit Jeska. That's what they should now do. They owe those Women not Jeska who did a terrible thing. That's not to say I don't wish Jeska all the best for the future.
    Last edited by CL; 21-10-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Master
    There is a more serious side to transgender that is overlooked. Doctors and surgeons involved in this area are quite prepared to give medicines and operations to physically healthy people. I believe these treatments were a big factor in Jeska's case. Emotionally fragile people are operated on and then given doses of medicines that are alien to the body. It's a scandal that society is turning a blind eye to. That doctors can do harm and get away with it.

It's happening with anti-depressants as well. I'm sure they're being used as a chemical cosh to keep patients quiet. Move forward ten years and the use of these drugs has risen dramatically. What the hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    There is a more serious side to transgender that is overlooked. Doctors and surgeons involved in this area are quite prepared to give medicines and operations to physically healthy people. I believe these treatments were a big factor in Jeska's case. Emotionally fragile people are operated on and then given doses of medicines that are alien to the body. It's a scandal that society is turning a blind eye to. That doctors can do harm and get away with it.

It's happening with anti-depressants as well. I'm sure they're being used as a chemical cosh to keep patients quiet. Move forward ten years and the use of these drugs has risen dramatically. What the hell is going on?
    Two teacher friends of mine, who work in different schools, tell me that they have two children in their respective schools aged between 13 and 15 going through treatment, some on medication, which ultimately may end in surgery.

Children who in my day might have been called a "tomboy" or a "mummy's boy" are now being led down a path that for many will end in unhappiness. Surely they cannot be allowed to be medicated at an age when their bodies and feelings are changing so much.

Why not wait until they are at least 18 and be more sure of what they want.

My 13 yrs old son, who goes to a different school, has a lesson called Personal Development, and some of the things they teach/peddle with regards to LGBTQ+ and present it as being normal and mainstream is outrageous.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog