Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Oh right! A Wikipedia page says so! You've got me. Slam-dunk
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Oh right! A Wikipedia page says so! You've got me. Slam-dunk
    Haha you do remember Trump calling effectively all Mexicans rapists don’t you

If not that wiki article will remind you

The reason twitter is often news worthy is because a) an awful lot of news journalists release news on it and b) an awful lot of newsworthy people (eg Donald Trump) post on it. You get stuff straight from the horses mouth.

Facebook is in my opinion far worse with it sharing much more in the form of propaganda than perhaps twitter. Both though are limited by who you follow or who you’re friends with and if you want to find people that share just your own views it’s easy

Which is fine if the "mainstream" press are quoting reputable news sources from Twitter. But it seems they take the most imflammatory viewpoint they can find from either side of a story and pass it off as "public opinion".

I shouldn't be surprised... whilst my family-member has a very reputable position where they have to be very careful what they publish from a legal point of view... i know from the horses mouth that a great deal of stories with less legal implication are just put together in such a way to generate comments and clicks... which pushes a website further up the food-chain and allows a greater reach for their subsequent articles... a never-ending sprial and little regard for any balanced reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Which is fine if the "mainstream" press are quoting reputable news sources from Twitter. But it seems they take the most imflammatory viewpoint they can find from either side of a story and pass it off as "public opinion".

I shouldn't be surprised... whilst my family-member has a very reputable position where they have to be very careful what they publish from a legal point of view... i know from the horses mouth that a great deal of stories with less legal implication are just put together in such a way to generate comments and clicks... which pushes a website further up the food-chain and allows a greater reach for their subsequent articles... a never-ending sprial and little regard for any balanced reporting.
    Maybe but I don’t see that. You have to be brave to post contentious stuff on twitter as anybody can see it and tear it apart if it deserves it

Haha you do remember Trump calling effectively all Mexicans rapists don’t you

If not that wiki article will remind you
    I don't actually, but if you can provide some, objective, non-twitter-type gossip, real non-partisan evidence, they yeap, he's a racist.

In the meantime..... https://www.breitbart.com/live/vice-...sts-criminals/ (sadly also not objective). And I can't be arsed to put links to key black academics such as John McWhorter, or Shelby Steele, or black activists such as Candice Owens, who repudiate racists claims about Trump, or his ethnic minority supporters (of which there are many).

Like I said above, the term racist is now well over used to cover a wealth of nasty behavior, including lot of Trump's, which disadvantages all sorts of groups in US society, but none fit the definition of Trump believing certain 'racial' groups are inherently inferior, to his.

And we haven't even got into whether the concept of race is just a made-up construct!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I don't actually, but if you can provide some, objective, non-twitter-type gossip, real non-partisan evidence, they yeap, he's a racist.

In the meantime..... https://www.breitbart.com/live/vice-...sts-criminals/ (sadly also not objective). And I can't be arsed to put links to key black academics such as John McWhorter, or Shelby Steele, or black activists such as Candice Owens, who repudiate racists claims about Trump, or his ethnic minority supporters (of which there are many).

Like I said above, the term racist is now well over used to cover a wealth of nasty behavior, including lot of Trump's, which disadvantages all sorts of groups in US society, but none fit the definition of Trump believing certain 'racial' groups are inherently inferior, to his.

And we haven't even got into whether the concept of race is just a made-up construct!
    and McWhorter like most of us, is far from being a Trump sympathiser. I like listening to him. I don't care what he says, he has such a calming tone
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Where are the fellrunning threads?

Never read so much tosh
    Eight Eccentrics of Yangzhou

Quote Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
    Where are the fellrunning threads?
    Under all the fellrunning headings? Be a good start.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I would expect on this forum 99% fellrunning and 1% other crap

Too many keyboard warriors who should be standing for Parish Councils to change the world!

Kerist Bloody frightening

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Under all the fellrunning headings? Be a good start.
    Eight Eccentrics of Yangzhou

Seems about right eccentric. Problem is the 99% fell running content is pretty quiescent at the moment meaning that the only sound you hear is the rowdy 1%