Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender

Well, I'm on to the moderators to sort it!
    Eight Eccentrics of Yangzhou

Quote Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
    Well, I'm on to the moderators to sort it!
    Whilst it’d be great if there was more posting about fell running I agree, firstly I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there arent any races going on right now. And in any event people can freely post about non-fell running stuff in this part of the forum if they want to. And I don’t see you starting any positive fell running threads, or have I missed that?

Also I run in the hills all the time, 2,000 ish miles a year and 250,000 plus feet of ascent. I’ve run most of the top fell races, even though I’ve graced none of them, know most the fells, mountains and ridges in the lakes and the Dales like the back of my hand, have had perhaps 3 near death experiences over the years in the hills, know what equipment I need to wear and when, completed a BGR, completed the Lakeland 100, have probably run up Penyghent more than any other person on the planet and may have run around the Yorkshire 3 peaks getting on for 50 times. I don’t particularly have many questions to ask about fell running

Damn I forgot to mention all of the injuries I’ve had too

Anyway Mike, whats all that guff about sock puppets etc you're always bothering on about on face ache? Talk about pot and kettle!😄

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post

Also I run in the hills all the time, 2,000 ish miles a year and 250,000 plus feet of ascent.
    Mmmh. But how much is "plus"? I would not wish your many awestruck and devoted admirers to fear any hint of braggadocio.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Mmmh. But how much is "plus"? I would not wish your many awestruck and devoted admirers to fear any hint of braggadocio.
    A part from being needlessly mean to our Stolly with your comment GB, methinks you've sneaked your own "braggadocio" in there to suggest you're cool and 'down with the street kids'

As an old duffer, this was a new one for me

"Braggadocio
    rap
    When rapping, MCs use braggadocio to boast—to speak about themselves with great pride. Braggadocio may include subjects such as physicality, fighting ability, financial riches, sexual prowess, or "coolness". Often heavily used in battle rap, braggadocio lyrics can range from just saying, "I'm the best MC ever," to using elaborate phraseology and wit. Competition from the old-school hip hop ethic partially explains why braggadocio is used in rap—"my shit is better than yours and that's the bottom line," said MC Esoteric.Wikipedia".

Can't wait to manouever it into conversation myself later today to show-off my own street-cred with the young uns
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    braggadocio.
    Is that a type of pasta?

As for my ascent, having now checked properly with Strava, it’s usually nearer 350,000 ft each year but was only 300,000 last year due to double hernia issues

As for my reply before, all I was trying to do was to point out that I, and almost certainly all of us on here, are fell runners and are united by that commonality if nothing else. (I imagine that a bunch of vicars, when they go on their vicars association forum, don’t always talk about Jesus all the time either)

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    So because they give their consent that makes it okay for doctors to harm them? I'm not arguing from a legal sense but an ethical one. The two don't necessarily go hand in hand.
    Giving consent does NOT make it OK for doctors to harm their patients.

It is never OK for doctors to harm their patients and the legal system can take appropiate action if a patient is harmed. There is a significant and very imporant difference between "harming a patient" and being unable to "cure" a patient.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Well I guess that depends on what your definitions of racism/racists are.
    Can I describe all those people who beat me in races as being racist?

After all one of the purposes of entering a race is to demonstate your superior ability to run faster that the other competitors.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

No, you cant. They XRunnerist!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth