Thread: La Sportiva mutant sizing

La Sportiva mutant sizing

Anyone got a pair of mutants and if so are they sized a bit small. I wear some scott supertrac 2.0s in size 41. I previously had a pair of the La Sportiva Bushido's (the older model) - size 41 was ridiculously small and they are really low volume. Are mutants the same small sizing?. I presumed I would need a size 42 in them? Recovering from a buggered achilles off the back of inverting my ankle (and running on it when it was still knackered) so wanted something with a bit more support without a heel that digs into my achilles.

Facebook is really the place to go for shoe questions, you'll get an absolute barrage of suggestions...

However i've had both Bushidos and Mutants, and took the same size in both.

The one issue i noticed with the Mutants was that the sides coming round from the heel were cut a little higher than most fell shoes, so when contouring they would dig into those knobbly side things on your ankle... this was easily remedied by cutting them down with a knife... but after spending £100 on new shoes you don't necessarily want to be hacking away at them with a knife.

Otherwise, a great fell shoe.
    Last edited by Travs; 18-10-2020 at 12:56 PM.

I’ve got a pair of mutants. I’m usually a size 10, however my mutants are an 11.5!! Great shoe however as with Travs I have noticed they can dig in on the outside of the ankle on a longer run.

Thanks all - I think it would be a size up on Supertracs. But then again I don't fancy having anything digging in my ankles. I'll have a think, no rush at present - still getting over achilles issue so will keep the disintegrating supertracs a bit longer.

Depending where you live, you might find somewhere to try a pair. Cotswold Outdoors often stock La Sportiva shoes and if they have a branch local you might strike it lucky there...