Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: freedom of expression

freedom of expression

There is never justification for violence.
    And freedom of expression must be a basic rights for all.

But come on, offending delicate sensibilities of fellow humans is still a stupid, bad, unnecessary thing to do. Of course I "can" draw cartoons of the prophet Muhamed. But the fact that I "can" does not mean I should, or do. I "can" but I chose not to. Hurting others is never a good thing.

No....?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post

But come on, offending delicate sensibilities of fellow humans is still a stupid, bad, unnecessary thing to do. Of course I "can" draw cartoons of the prophet Muhamed. But the fact that I "can" does not mean I should, or do. I "can" but I chose not to. Hurting others is never a good thing.

No....?
    I can agree with that.

Not accepting that someone can have an opinion that you disagree with is never a good thing.

No....?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I'm a Burnley fan. The "taking the knee" puzzled me from the start. Quite why every Prem footballer feels the need to do this week in week out as a result of the possible illegal killing of a criminal in Minnesota.

But faor enough, freedom of expression.

But why no similar expression of solidarity for the French teacher just trying to do his job?

They are permitted to protest continually. I'm permitted to question that. The Burnley fan who flew the All Lives Matter banner is allowed to do that without losing his job; well he should be.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm a Burnley fan. The "taking the knee" puzzled me from the start. Quite why every Prem footballer feels the need to do this week in week out as a result of the possible illegal killing of a criminal in Minnesota.

But faor enough, freedom of expression.

But why no similar expression of solidarity for the French teacher just trying to do his job?

They are permitted to protest continually. I'm permitted to question that. The Burnley fan who flew the All Lives Matter banner is allowed to do that without losing his job; well he should be.
    But is it really free expression, I assume premier ship footballers are ordered or pressured to do this and I see the BBC MOTD now feels it has to comment on the act which is religiously shown before every match.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    But is it really free expression, I assume premier ship footballers are ordered or pressured to do this and I see the BBC MOTD now feels it has to comment on the act which is religiously shown before every match.
    The managers are also forced to do it. Watching MOTD2 last night I was pissing myself laughing when they did a close up of Roy Hodgson, the Crystal Palace manager, trying to go down on one knee. He couldn't do it.

Poor old Woy!

[QUOTE=Witton Park;668111]I'm a Burnley fan. The "taking the knee" puzzled me from the start.

That's an easy one WP.

He was white!

[QUOTE=Llani Boy;668117]
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm a Burnley fan. The "taking the knee" puzzled me from the start.

That's an easy one WP.

He was white!
    Are you sure you’re actually complaining about a lack of solidarity when, in fact, there was an outpouring of solidarity? Have a look at the #jesuisprof hashtag on twitter or how about this in the Guardian -> https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

[QUOTE=Fellbeast;668119]
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Are you sure you’re actually complaining about a lack of solidarity when, in fact, there was an outpouring of solidarity? Have a look at the #jesuisprof hashtag on twitter or how about this in the Guardian -> https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other
    Yes, That was in France where it would be expected.

The Premiership jumping on the BLM "taking the knee" bandwagon is in response to USA problem.

[QUOTE=Fellbeast;668119]
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

just trying to undermine BLM, as usual....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post

No....?
    Je suis Mossdog

(WARNING those of intolerant, violent, delicate, world-dominating, I'll cut your friggin' 'ead off if you look at me the wrong way and don't bow down before me sensibilities, should not click on the link below)

https://i.huffpost.com/gen/2462554/t...SHES-570.jpg?5

Netanyahu: ‘We’ve Seen This Before. There's a Master Race; Now There's a Master Faith’
    Am Yisrael Chai