Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Which shoes?

  1. #51
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I have received an e-mail from the CEO this morning stating that they will replace the shoes.

    I have also received an e-mail from a member of his Customer Services team who have requested that I send a few photos, which I have done.

    Very impressive so far.
    A new replacement pair of X-Talon Ultra 260 V2's arrived via DPD this morning.

    Thank you Inov8.

    A bit of shoo gloo should ensure that I get a few more training and XC miles out of my substandard pair!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 13-01-2024 at 11:47 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  2. #52
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,867
    My Inov8 Trailfly Ultra G 300 Max have arrived. Size 11 fit a treat. Ummm....they do have a remarkable resemblance and feel to my old Saucony Grid road running trainers I owned in the mid 1980s, albeit with a slightly stickier outsole...
    Am Yisrael Chai

  3. #53
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    3,045
    I read an article today about Harry Bolton and the new Ron Hill fell shoe he has designed. Apparently it is being launched in March. Might be worth having a look at it.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  4. #54
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    My Inov8 Trailfly Ultra G 300 Max have arrived. Size 11 fit a treat. Ummm....they do have a remarkable resemblance and feel to my old Saucony Grid road running trainers I owned in the mid 1980s, albeit with a slightly stickier outsole...
    I unboxed the trailflys a couple of weeks ago, as the weather dried up. Unfortunately all is not well. The first outing was around the Orton area, which is largely hard limestone track, and the final couple of miles of a 10 mile route proved painful. Ditto, subsequent runs over the last few weeks, to the extent that I've reverted to the mudclaws on occasions for some relief. I've tried various lacing options. but to little improvement. The problem is a marked burning pain underneath my toes on both feet. I'm wondering if it's the result of my largely forefoot striking, coupled with the 30 mm heel stack and too much (for me) cushioning. I very rarely have any issues with footwear, so this is a bit annoying, and I may, sadly, have to relegate them to 'casuals'.

    Anyone else experience similar issues with this model?
    Am Yisrael Chai

  5. #55
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I unboxed the trailflys a couple of weeks ago, as the weather dried up. Unfortunately all is not well. The first outing was around the Orton area, which is largely hard limestone track, and the final couple of miles of a 10 mile route proved painful. Ditto, subsequent runs over the last few weeks, to the extent that I've reverted to the mudclaws on occasions for some relief. I've tried various lacing options. but to little improvement. The problem is a marked burning pain underneath my toes on both feet. I'm wondering if it's the result of my largely forefoot striking, coupled with the 30 mm heel stack and too much (for me) cushioning. I very rarely have any issues with footwear, so this is a bit annoying, and I may, sadly, have to relegate them to 'casuals'.

    Anyone else experience similar issues with this model?
    I love these, but only on bitumen or gentle trail as grip is not brilliant - certainly no toe discomfort. Is it your socks? Injinji toe socks keep my toes happy, with Dexshells or Drymax or wool socks over them.

  6. #56
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I love these, but only on bitumen or gentle trail as grip is not brilliant - certainly no toe discomfort. Is it your socks? Injinji toe socks keep my toes happy, with Dexshells or Drymax or wool socks over them.
    Thanks Mike. Yes, I've tried a few socks options. I will try them without the insoles in too. I think you're right also that I'll restrict them to runs where it's primarily roads and hard track. These were to replace my old x-talons 212s which I thought were great, albeit not suited for running on the flinty tracks of the South Downs last year, as my calves vouched for!
    Am Yisrael Chai

  7. #57
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Thanks Mike. Yes, I've tried a few socks options. I will try them without the insoles in too. I think you're right also that I'll restrict them to runs where it's primarily roads and hard track. These were to replace my old x-talons 212s which I thought were great, albeit not suited for running on the flinty tracks of the South Downs last year, as my calves vouched for!
    Doing so many miles a week on the fells means I need to try to take great care of my feet. I have in the past had tender areas under some of my toes and on the outer side of my fifth toes - I therefore use Bodyglide on these areas as well as wearing the sock combinations mentioned above. And I body glide the socks over the potentially tender areas as well - so three layers of Bodyglide - skin, inner sock, outer sock!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •