Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which shoes?

Who's going to be the first one to buy a pair of Mudtalons, then? They look like soilshakers from underneath.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    I have been suckered in to buying a pair. Good to have a choice of widths.

I guess i better stock up on x-talons while i still can.

I had a look at a pair yesterday in the new Inov8 shop in Bakewell as I called in to try and return a pair of X Talon Ultra 260V2's that are falling apart. They couldn't handle The Roaches!

The Mudtalons are very light and comfy but seem to have a bit too much cushioning. The studs are similar to Mudclaws but not as pointed, the flatter surface of them feeling very sticky to the touch. Hopefully they will do a run from the shop with the opportunity to try them out.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I guess i better stock up on x-talons while i still can.
    Why? I only buy them for trails and then resole them with the LSR unit, only then are they anything less than dangerous on wet grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I had a look at a pair yesterday in the new Inov8 shop in Bakewell as I called in to try and return a pair of X Talon Ultra 260V2's that are falling apart. They couldn't handle The Roaches!
    It'll be your horsepower they couldn't handle. Did they take them back?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Why? I only buy them for trails and then resole them with the LSR unit, only then are they anything less than dangerous on wet grass.

It'll be your horsepower they couldn't handle. Did they take them back?

I find the graphene x-talon 210's to be the best grip i've found on a fell shoe.

I've recently done an extremely slippery night-race, and a downhill race again in slippery conditions, and not fell once.

Perhaps i'm just not descending hard enough

[QUOTE=mr brightside;686484 It'll be your horsepower they couldn't handle. Did they take them back?[/QUOTE]

Not yet.

The manager agreed that they were of substandard quality and agreed to exchange them until he found out that I hadn't purchased them directly from Inov8. I don't know where they were purchased from as they were a gift.

I argued that it didn't change the fact that it was still their product that was not up to scratch to which he agreed. Contacting customer services was suggested so on getting home I decided to give them a ring. Guess what, they don't have a telephone number but you are requested to fill in an online form which will take 5-7 days to be replied to as they are "busy".

I scrolled down the website and found that the CEO is keen for feedback on customer service so clicked on the big green button at the end of his page and fired off an e-mail.

I await his reply.

Not yet.

I scrolled down the website and found that the CEO is keen for feedback on customer service so clicked on the big green button at the end of his page and fired off an e-mail.

I await his reply.
    I have received an e-mail from the CEO this morning stating that they will replace the shoes.

I have also received an e-mail from a member of his Customer Services team who have requested that I send a few photos, which I have done.

Very impressive so far.

Not yet.

The manager agreed that they were of substandard quality and agreed to exchange them until he found out that I hadn't purchased them directly from Inov8. I don't know where they were purchased from as they were a gift.

I argued that it didn't change the fact that it was still their product that was not up to scratch to which he agreed. Contacting customer services was suggested so on getting home I decided to give them a ring. Guess what, they don't have a telephone number but you are requested to fill in an online form which will take 5-7 days to be replied to as they are "busy".

I await his reply.
    It's the retailer with whom the customer forms the contract under the Sale of Goods Act. This protects the consumer from having to jump through hoops and deal with uncaring big manufacturers like Nike, and enables them to raise a complaint quite quickly. Conversely, this protects factory outlets from dealing with your complaint, as you've discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    It's the retailer with whom the customer forms the contract under the Sale of Goods Act. This protects the consumer from having to jump through hoops and deal with uncaring big manufacturers like Nike, and enables them to raise a complaint quite quickly. Conversely, this protects factory outlets from dealing with your complaint, as you've discovered.
    I don't think the new Inov-8 shop in Bakewell could be described as a factory outlet!