Thread: South pennine fell challenges

South pennine fell challenges

Hi everyone,

I put together a website to host a few local rounds / challenges in the south pennines. Most of the routes are calder valley heavy simply because thats where I and other contributors live, but if anyone else around the south pennines have any routes they'd like adding just get in touch.

The website is www.southpenninefellchallenges.co.uk

It's still a work in progress and not all the routes are listed just yet but I'll get round to it shortly.

Thanks,

Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by ponte_ricky View Post
    Hi everyone,

I put together a website to host a few local rounds / challenges in the south pennines. Most of the routes are calder valley heavy simply because thats where I and other contributors live, but if anyone else around the south pennines have any routes they'd like adding just get in touch.

The website is www.southpenninefellchallenges.co.uk

It's still a work in progress and not all the routes are listed just yet but I'll get round to it shortly.

Thanks,

Ricky
    There's a few on the gofar site here: https://www.gofar.org.uk/sub-ultra-runs.

I may update the Calder Valley Round to start from the NT Hardcastle Crags car park as Mytholmroyd has become so congested. That will make it about 15 miles/4000'.

You are welcome to use the gofar fb page to promote your website. I'm planning on having a go at the Tod Graham later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    There's a few on the gofar site here: https://www.gofar.org.uk/sub-ultra-runs.

I may update the Calder Valley Round to start from the NT Hardcastle Crags car park as Mytholmroyd has become so congested. That will make it about 15 miles/4000'.

You are welcome to use the gofar fb page to promote your website. I'm planning on having a go at the Tod Graham later this month.
    Hi sorry for the late reply.

I think I'll probably end up sending most of these routes over soon to go on the gofar site and just keep an eye on records etc.

Talking of the calder valley round, myself and Ambi Swindells (both tod harriers) ran the route in lots of snow and ice on 3:12:26 yesterday. Always a really enjoyable route and yesterdays run felt particularly special due to the conditions. I feel confident i now have a sub 2:45 in me in normal conditions so I'll probably give it a few weeks then go again.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/0bifRieiWcb