Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New fell shoe!

New fell shoe!

My lords, ladies and gentlemen, a new fell shoe has been discovered. The item's creator, a tortured and disheveled man, was working late one stormy night on the top floor of his Gothic tower when an accident with high voltage conductors blew him across the room. His hunched manservant Igor threw open the heavy oak door and rushed to assist. As the dazed, smoking man arose from the cold stone floor of his candle lit laboratory, among the torroids and galvanometers surrounding him he witnessed a vision; an unholy alliance of running shoe parts wrought, stitched and fused together to create the perfect tool for feral fell running:

The LSR FrankenTalon 212.

Over the coming weeks this wretched manifestation will be put through its paces by its delerious, cackling creator. It's alive!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Superb!!

Seriously though, keep us updated how those LSR studs go for longevity. I'd considered sending some old shoes there, but was a little deflated when i realised they (quite obviously) couldn't fit a bona-fide Walsh sole to my non-Walsh shoes...

So inovative they have appeared on the Fell runner facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    So inovative they have appeared on the Fell runner facebook!
    Meanwhile, the facebook group are now discussing the hot fellrunning topic of the generation... which selfie-stick to take on your runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Meanwhile, the facebook group are now discussing the hot fellrunning topic of the generation... which selfie-stick to take on your runs.
    It’s an issue that keeps me awake at night 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    On the other hand a lot of people are inspired to see people getting out and about in the hills on instagram etc and taking pictures is all part of the fun. I don't think something simple like running in the hills has to be all about torturing yourself to get better or equally all about taking photos and perhaps not really running at all. Unless of course the runner is wearing earphones - earphones in the hills, when I become president of the UK, will be second on the list of things to be banned after golf

On the shoe refurb thing, I don't think my shoe uppers ever really outlast the soles to make it worthwhile

Travs, i found an old thread where you mentioned getting lsr to put new studs on a pair of irocks, did you do this and if so how did it turn out?
    Brightside, be interested to hear how you find these are in action.

Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    Travs, i found an old thread where you mentioned getting lsr to put new studs on a pair of irocks, did you do this and if so how did it turn out?
    Brightside, be interested to hear how you find these are in action.
    Hi Tim... As I briefly alluded to above, I did look into it. I was under the incorrect impression that I'd get a genuine Walsh outsole put onto the Irocks. After speaking to them I quickly realised this wasn't possible, and they could put their "own brand" outsole onto them.

To cut a long story short, I never got round to it...

Full scientific tests to come.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    On the other hand a lot of people are inspired to see people getting out and about in the hills ... is all part of the fun.
    Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I don't think something simple like running in the hills has to be all about torturing yourself
    Utter tosh! Piffle!

Fell running isn't supposed to be an enjoyable lark! It's supposed to be bollock-tearingly painful, teeth-grindingly awful,and thereby sorting the wheat from the chaff, don't cha know!

How else are we to appear admiringly heroic to the grubby, feeble hoi polloi down below.

Get a grip Stolly man. And they let you be a moderator - huh!

Am Yisrael Chai