I used to keep a training record. I switched to Strava around 2013.

I use it just as a training diary. I can chart my decline from poor to piss-poor over the last 6-7 years

I have light privacy settings, so anyone can see, but to follow they have to ask. I don't have that many followers. Mostly friends/acquaintances and a few locals who I don't know, but they know me from being an RO. If they are local I usually accept and follow back.

I often try new routes. I'm close to fell terrain, but not on the fells. I would have to do around 10 miles out and back from home to incorporate 4-5 miles of fell. To get off the roads I use the local OS routes and try and pick out new options on walks and runs whether from my door, or if a drive a little bit to start a run or walk.

It's helped followers of mine on Strava to pick up on that and add some variety to their runs.

In following others, I enjoy having a look at what they are doing but I particularly like how it keeps me in touch with people who live away.

Dave Croll (ex Trawden) in the Banchory area, Bob Shorrock in Hong Kong and my old footwear colleague Paolo in Trentino.