Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strava kudos from strangers WTF????

I only use a GPS watch because i was given it free (although admittedly i do find it very useful).... but it will be a cold day in hell before i'm strava-ing!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    What are followers, what is kudos, what is strava?
    If you don`t know then you obviously don`t need to know,

When I said everything I record on strava is private I should have added that I have a small group of folk that are able to track me live on a alternative app after all virtually everything I do is solo and if things went pearshaped it would be good that a lot of volunteer time was not lost looking for me, for me that is worth a lot more than Kudos or unknown followers
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I only use a GPS watch because i was given it free (although admittedly i do find it very useful).... but it will be a cold day in hell before i'm strava-ing!!
    Ah yes. It was Don Henley who answered the question about when the Eagles would play together again with “when hell freezes over"

But of course they did. They toured for two years, took $75million in ticket sales and released an opportunistic live album Hell Freezes Over that sold over 7 million copies and was in the Billboard Top 200 for over two years and sold 200,000 copies of the live concerts DVD.

We all have our price so I assume Travs you are just waiting for Strava to offer the right deal?

And where can I buy the DVD
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 19-11-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I have 32 following me of which I personally know well about 20. The rest I seem to have picked up from local trail running events and cycling sportives.I agree it does seem rather strange to get kudos from people you've never met or indeed are unlikely to ever meet but I don't take much notice. I did get some weird people following me for a time. Freeked me out a bit so I blocked them and changed all my privacy settings so that only followers can see my activities and you have to request to follow me.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    What are followers, what is kudos, what is strava?
    I have no Strava, GPS or any electronics. I don't even wear a watch! I enjoy my running though. And as for people who wear headphones.....

My only GPS is my smartphone. I do take it when cycling, my usual cycling is 20 hill reps, without Strava I'd get the counting wrong (actually it wouldn't matter...).

Running, no electronic whatsoever for me. I upload my running on Strava "manually", data are always a guess.

Tech companies and the tech junkies. It has so many strong comparisons to substance addiction it's frightening. They may as well legalise weed, the need for validation is far more potent!

I'm a member of a club at work who organise prize draws. For a while now i've been trying to get some useful prizes in the draw, but to no avail. Smart TVs, I Phones, Fitbits...that's all the others will have. My news that you can get a 'build your own particle accelerator' kit fell on deaf ears.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I assume a "kudos" on Strava is the same as a "like" on facebook...?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I assume a "kudos" on Strava is the same as a "like" on facebook...?
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kudos
    The older I get the Faster I was

Thank you JohnK.... Just to point out, I am aware of the meaning of kudos...!