Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strava kudos from strangers WTF????

I used to keep a training record. I switched to Strava around 2013.

I use it just as a training diary. I can chart my decline from poor to piss-poor over the last 6-7 years

I have light privacy settings, so anyone can see, but to follow they have to ask. I don't have that many followers. Mostly friends/acquaintances and a few locals who I don't know, but they know me from being an RO. If they are local I usually accept and follow back.

I often try new routes. I'm close to fell terrain, but not on the fells. I would have to do around 10 miles out and back from home to incorporate 4-5 miles of fell. To get off the roads I use the local OS routes and try and pick out new options on walks and runs whether from my door, or if a drive a little bit to start a run or walk.

It's helped followers of mine on Strava to pick up on that and add some variety to their runs.

In following others, I enjoy having a look at what they are doing but I particularly like how it keeps me in touch with people who live away.

Dave Croll (ex Trawden) in the Banchory area, Bob Shorrock in Hong Kong and my old footwear colleague Paolo in Trentino.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

In following others, I enjoy having a look at what they are doing but I particularly like how it keeps me in touch with people who live away.
    Yeah I follow my daughter's partner Mark on all of his trail runs in the Yarra Ranges north of Melbourne

I also recently trawled back through all of my strava records since I've had it from the beginning of 2013, and for garmin connect for the 12 months prior to that, to work out how many times I've run up Penyghent . It was 420 times (which is surely the world record?) and will be a few more than that now

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    what is kudos,
    Ez line No2 at Spanish checkout. No?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Ez line No2 at Spanish checkout. No?
    That is so terrible that I laughed
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

As a self-confessed Strava addict; I have few followers, all of which I know Or have known personally.
    I give Kudos to strangers on the occasion they gain a CR or KOM from me.

Quote Originally Posted by felltrumpet View Post
    As a self-confessed Strava addict; I have few followers, all of which I know Or have known personally.
    I give Kudos to strangers on the occasion they gain a CR or KOM from me.
    But then do your best to get them back. As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Yeah I follow my daughter's partner Mark on all of his trail runs in the Yarra Ranges north of Melbourne

I also recently trawled back through all of my strava records since I've had it from the beginning of 2013, and for garmin connect for the 12 months prior to that, to work out how many times I've run up Penyghent . It was 420 times (which is surely the world record?) and will be a few more than that now
    Never mind a World Record you have probably scraped in as a Local Legend!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog